What's new

Battlestar Galactica Season 3 DVD Art & More (1 Viewer)

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Since we know this upcoming fourth season of Battlestar Galactica is the last, I think I'll exercise some prudent restraint and wait for the complete series box set (in Blu-Ray), which will no doubt be out before next Christmas.

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne

I'm assuming they (Universal) will see the error of their ways by then; or at least Microsoft will stop bribing them and Paramount to release HD-DVD only.

DanielKellmii

Supporting Actor
What took so long?!?!?! I have been catching this series on DVD because I can't get the time to watch it when it is originally broadcast. I have too much respect for this series to bit-torrent it. It is just too high quality and too well written.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, but the release date might even be pushed back further since the Writer's Strike is still ongoing.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
The podcasts are included after all! I thought with the strike and all we'd never see these.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
I wouldn't get too excited. It doesn't say for certain if the 25 minutes is the Unfinished Business. It just says that there are 25 minutes of deleted scenes.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Nothing more than a guess but if they haven't changed the S4 premiere date yet and they've announced the S3 DVD to coincide with that premiere, it's extremely unlikely that they're going to change it. They'll just play whatever episodes they have finished and then when the strike ends, they'll make and air the rest.

Everlasting Gobstopper

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mark
The press release says that particular episode includes 25 minutes of extra footage, unless it's extremely poorly written. Don't forget season 2.5's version of Pegasus was 15 minutes longer than broadcast. From what the producers were saying on the podcast, they had to cut out a lot of stuff from the episode, such as the reason Starbuck and Tigh were getting along after the "bold leap forward."
I'm not really a huge fan of the episode, but maybe the added scenes will improve it, and I'm definitely interested to see the other flashbacks to the lost year.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Remember, the last half of Season 4 might not air until mid 2009.

In my opinion, Universal is always disrespecting fans by prolonging the DVD set releases as well as prolonging the Battlestar Galactica series. This is why I've given up on watching television.

If I want to watch a television series, I just buy the DVD sets.

The problem is that by the time the fourth starts to air, Universal and Sci Fi are taking a huge risk that they've lost fans who have been waiting for the last season that there's going to be a drop in their ratings. Waiting an entire year and a half to broadcast the final season? Universal definately has the wrong people advising them as to their broadcast schedule for the series.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Though apparently Ron Moore was reluctant to even turn the "Resistance" video masters over to Universal, awaiting word from the WGA on a couple of key points -- there was still some friction over these earlier this year. It might've gotten smoothed over before the strike began, but the DVD press release doesn't really give any hints on their inclusion one way or the other.

flaminio

Auditioning
Real Name
Bob Flaminio
I was looking for that too, and was saddened it may not be included.

I agree that the webisodes are essential viewing for BSG.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks