Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Battlestar Galactica Season 3 DVD Art & More

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
40 replies to this topic

#1 of 41 OFFLINE   Mark Talmadge

Mark Talmadge

Screenwriter

• 2,379 posts

Posted December 31 2007 - 06:46 AM

It's finally been announced:

Battlestar Galactica DVD news: Announcement for Battlestar Galactica - Season 3 | TVShowsOnDVD.com

Now, if Universal had only released the second season as one single boxed set. At least we're getting Season 3 in its own single boxed set and not separated.

#2 of 41 OFFLINE   Hollywoodaholic

Hollywoodaholic

Screenwriter

• 1,317 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Florida

Posted December 31 2007 - 08:09 AM

Since we know this upcoming fourth season of Battlestar Galactica is the last, I think I'll exercise some prudent restraint and wait for the complete series box set (in Blu-Ray), which will no doubt be out before next Christmas.

#3 of 41 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,191 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted December 31 2007 - 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywoodaholic
I think I'll exercise some prudent restraint and wait for the complete series box set (in Blu-Ray), which will no doubt be out before next Christmas.
You'll be waiting alot longer than next Christmas for Universal to release a Blu Ray disc. Posted Image

#4 of 41 OFFLINE   Hollywoodaholic

Hollywoodaholic

Screenwriter

• 1,317 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Florida

Posted December 31 2007 - 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisR
You'll be waiting alot longer than next Christmas for Universal to release a Blu Ray disc. Posted Image

I'm assuming they (Universal) will see the error of their ways by then; or at least Microsoft will stop bribing them and Paramount to release HD-DVD only.

#5 of 41 OFFLINE   DanielKellmii

DanielKellmii

Supporting Actor

• 524 posts

Posted December 31 2007 - 08:30 AM

What took so long?!?!?! I have been catching this series on DVD because I can't get the time to watch it when it is originally broadcast. I have too much respect for this series to bit-torrent it. It is just too high quality and too well written.

#6 of 41 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,191 posts

Posted December 31 2007 - 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielKellmii
What took so long?!?!?!
Like most current series, they waited to release it until near the time the next season starts running.

#7 of 41 OFFLINE   Mark Talmadge

Mark Talmadge

Screenwriter

• 2,379 posts

Posted December 31 2007 - 08:37 AM

Yeah, but the release date might even be pushed back further since the Writer's Strike is still ongoing.

#8 of 41 OFFLINE   Will_B

Will_B

Producer

• 4,733 posts

Posted December 31 2007 - 08:47 AM

The podcasts are included after all! I thought with the strike and all we'd never see these.
"Scientists are saying the future is going to be far more futuristic than they originally predicted." -Krysta Now

#9 of 41 OFFLINE   Shawn.F

Shawn.F

Supporting Actor

• 561 posts

Posted December 31 2007 - 09:21 AM

"Unfinished Business" is 25 minutes longer? Whoa.

#10 of 41 OFFLINE   Mark Talmadge

Mark Talmadge

Screenwriter

• 2,379 posts

Posted December 31 2007 - 09:49 AM

I wouldn't get too excited. It doesn't say for certain if the 25 minutes is the Unfinished Business. It just says that there are 25 minutes of deleted scenes.

#11 of 41 OFFLINE   Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver

Lead Actor

• 9,306 posts

Posted December 31 2007 - 10:18 AM

HD, Universal? Please? Do it for me; I even like the packaging on HD season one. Posted Image
Jay's Movie Blog - A movie-viewing diary.
Transplanted Life: Sci-fi soap opera about a man placed in a new body, updated two or three times a week.
Trading Post Inn - Another gender-bending soap, with different collaborators writing different points of view.

"What? Since when was this an energy...

#12 of 41 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,191 posts

Posted December 31 2007 - 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Talmadge
Yeah, but the release date might even be pushed back further since the Writer's Strike is still ongoing.
Nothing more than a guess but if they haven't changed the S4 premiere date yet and they've announced the S3 DVD to coincide with that premiere, it's extremely unlikely that they're going to change it. They'll just play whatever episodes they have finished and then when the strike ends, they'll make and air the rest.

#13 of 41 OFFLINE   Travis_S

Travis_S

Supporting Actor

• 681 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, Missouri

Posted December 31 2007 - 10:53 AM

It's a longer cut, alright. This is from an interview with Ron Moore:

Quote:
11) Do you have anything special planned for the upcoming DVD and high-def releases of BSG?
They have been putting together the box set for season three. There is a very long extended episode of “Unfinished Business” – 70 minutes long. The editor and I did a commentary track for it. That was the biggest editing challenge of the third season

EclipseMagazine.com » BSG’s Ron Moore Speaks!! We discuss the Battlestar Galactica, Crappy Video Games, iTunes, Razor, Strike, DVDs and more!

#14 of 41 OFFLINE   Mark Turetsky

Mark Turetsky

Supporting Actor

• 832 posts

Posted December 31 2007 - 10:57 AM

The press release says that particular episode includes 25 minutes of extra footage, unless it's extremely poorly written. Don't forget season 2.5's version of Pegasus was 15 minutes longer than broadcast. From what the producers were saying on the podcast, they had to cut out a lot of stuff from the episode, such as the reason Starbuck and Tigh were getting along after the "bold leap forward."
I'm not really a huge fan of the episode, but maybe the added scenes will improve it, and I'm definitely interested to see the other flashbacks to the lost year.

#15 of 41 OFFLINE   Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D

Screenwriter

• 2,686 posts

Posted December 31 2007 - 01:56 PM

Quote:
I'm assuming they (Universal) will see the error of their ways by then; or at least Microsoft will stop bribing them and Paramount to release HD-DVD only.

Oh how I wish for such a thing to happen.....there's so much in each of their catalogues that I'd love to have on BD. Posted Image

As for Battlestar Galactica: Season 3, it's about damn time that they are releasing this. I've been waiting a long time to pick this up. Now I just have to wait about 3 long, cold winter months before I get my hands on it.
Recently watched- Saturn 3, Cheers: Season 6, Nosferatu: The Vampyre, Battle Beyond The Stars, Invasion Of The Body Snatchers(1978), Ransom, Dragonheart, Tomb Of Ligeia, Bloodlust: Subspecies III, Gorky Park, The Last Man On Earth(1964), Lost: Season 6, Transformers Age Of Extinction 3D, The World's End, Toy Story Of Terror!, X-Men: Days Of Future Past 3D, Bloodstone: Subspecies II

Currently watching- Planet Earth, True Blood: Season 2, Gatchaman: The Complete Series, The Equalizer: Season 2, Tales From The Crypt: Season 2, WKRP In Cincinnati: Season 1, Arrow: Season 2

Irina Asanova - "KGB have better cars, you know."
Arkady Renko - "Ah, but they don't always take you where you want to go, do they?"

#16 of 41 OFFLINE   Zack Gibbs

Zack Gibbs

Screenwriter

• 1,687 posts

Posted December 31 2007 - 02:04 PM

Quote:
Since we know this upcoming fourth season of Battlestar Galactica is the last, I think I'll exercise some prudent restraint and wait for the complete series box set (in Blu-Ray), which will no doubt be out before next Christmas.

I don't think season 4 will even be over by next Christmas.
"Because he's the hero that Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now... and so we'll hunt him... because he can take it... because he's not a hero... he's a silent guardian, a watchful protector... a DARK KNIGHT."

#17 of 41 OFFLINE   Mark Talmadge

Mark Talmadge

Screenwriter

• 2,379 posts

Posted December 31 2007 - 03:13 PM

Remember, the last half of Season 4 might not air until mid 2009.

In my opinion, Universal is always disrespecting fans by prolonging the DVD set releases as well as prolonging the Battlestar Galactica series. This is why I've given up on watching television.

If I want to watch a television series, I just buy the DVD sets.

The problem is that by the time the fourth starts to air, Universal and Sci Fi are taking a huge risk that they've lost fans who have been waiting for the last season that there's going to be a drop in their ratings. Waiting an entire year and a half to broadcast the final season? Universal definately has the wrong people advising them as to their broadcast schedule for the series.

#18 of 41 OFFLINE   joshEH

joshEH

Producer

• 3,047 posts
  • LocationRoom 303, The Heart O' The City Hotel

Posted December 31 2007 - 03:34 PM

No word on the "Resistance" webisodes in this release?

Those are as every bit as essential as the regular episodes themselves, and there was that article from earlier this spring which indicated that they'd be included, edited together with extended content to form "Episode Zero" on the DVD playlist.

Though, the WGA strike might've fucked this up.

"Pablo, please take Chet's corpse into the other room, and then fix Mr. Hallenbeck a drink."

#19 of 41 OFFLINE   Mark Talmadge

Mark Talmadge

Screenwriter

• 2,379 posts

Posted January 01 2008 - 07:47 AM

Not really. It's a DVD release. They still get their residuals.

#20 of 41 OFFLINE   joshEH

joshEH

Producer

• 3,047 posts
  • LocationRoom 303, The Heart O' The City Hotel

Posted January 01 2008 - 04:09 PM

Though apparently Ron Moore was reluctant to even turn the "Resistance" video masters over to Universal, awaiting word from the WGA on a couple of key points -- there was still some friction over these earlier this year. It might've gotten smoothed over before the strike began, but the DVD press release doesn't really give any hints on their inclusion one way or the other.

"Pablo, please take Chet's corpse into the other room, and then fix Mr. Hallenbeck a drink."

Back to TV on DVD and Blu-ray

Forum Nav Content I Follow