What's new

The Wire: Season Five (see post #1 re: SPOILERS) (1 Viewer)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
The new season of The Wire starts on January 6 so I thought I'd start a thread for it.

If you have HBO On Demand, the first episode is up already. I'll refrain from posting any spoilers (even with spoiler text) but I will say that it's an excellent start to the last season.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
For purely technical reasons, I've lost access to HBO On Demand this year; so I have a very personal interest in keeping spoilers out of this thread until the episode airs at its regularly scheduled time. :)

I've added the same caution to the thread title that we had last year.

M.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the heads-up about HBO on Demand. Does anyone know if this season is being broadcast in HD widescreen or in 4:3 SD like the previous seasons. We only get HBO on Demand in SD, so if there is a chance this season is being broadcast in HD, I will wait until Sunday to watch the episode.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
Please refrain from mentioning anything about the episode before the episode is actually aired. If you want to mention anything about the episode you have seen on HBO on Demand please put it in the spoiler box.

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey

sorry. didn't think I was spoiling anything since I didn't giveaway anything that happened in the scene - nor characters involved.

Chad Erickson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chad Erickson
watched the new episode last night. Great start to another season. Can't wait until everyone has seen it so we can start talking about it.

Jeremy_Watson

Stunt Coordinator
If I recall correctly, David Simon elected to have this season shot 4:3 for continuity with the previous seasons, keep the look & feel the same through all five.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I thought that might be the case, espacially after doing this for season 3 and 4 when a lot of HBO other programming was in 16:9.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Geez no comments? :)

It's a shame that discussion has become difficult this season and last because people watch on different schedules (I've seen 2 eps so far).

Anyway, good start to the season, and ep2 flat out excellent.

I love the fact that last season pays off in the knowledge that the mayor is infusing a truckloads of $$$ into education (at the expense of the cops :laugh: ). Typical "The Wire" style payoff. It happens off screen, we know it, but we don't get to witness it and feel warm and fuzzy about it. I love it.

As the awesome, jazzy closing credits of the first episode hit, I leaned back in my chair and thought "We're back in Baltimore, life is good." :)

--

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey
The Bunk and McNulty the early years short is worth visiting a pal with OnDemand. Along with Omar and Prop Joe babies.

Chad Erickson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chad Erickson
I thought Ep. 1 did a good job of laying down the foundation for this year. Lots of catching up with the old characters and a good introduction to the new ones.

i watched Ep. 2 last night and loved it. i can't wait to see everyone's reactions next Monday. I bet there are a lot more posts after next weeks episode. Can't wait to see where the season takes us.

i do have to say that i am going to miss Bodie this year. For me, he was one of my favorites from the first 4 seasons.

BradWOO

Stunt Coordinator
Chad,

Was your last sentence in your post a spoiler about episode 2? Some of us do not have HBO on demand and have to wait until Sunday to watch.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks