What's new

What tv show would you love to see in HD? (1 Viewer)

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
The Twlight Zone. The HD-origin remasters in the Definitive Edition season sets look fantastic and I'd imagine they would be spectacular in 1080p (1.33:1 windowboxed of course).

Maybe also The Outer Limits (original series). Conrad Hall shot a lot of the episodes and the cinematography is awesome.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
After watching The Simpsons Movie in BD it would be great to see what they could do with the series if remastered in 1080p, as long as it's OAR.

I'll second The Twilight Zone.

For me to seriously consider repurchases I'll have to see a serious improvement in the way they plan and execute releases:

—Restoration and remastering is a must.
—Videotaped shows will gain no increase in picture quality, so just try to see how few discs you can comfortably fit entire series
—They should consider entire series at once.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Of course Id want my 3 favorites shows...

Deadwood
Deep Space Nine
Millennium

Duncan Harvey

Stunt Coordinator
What would be more relevant though is to ask which series which exist as 35mm negs would we like to see on HD. Most shows since the mid to late 80s whilst being originated on 35mm were edited on tape/in the video domain.

Hence whilst it might be theoretically possible for some of these to be "remade" in HD eg ST:TNG, I suspect that it simply wont happen for shows which dont have a track record of sales sufficient to justify the massive costs of doing this.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Perry Mason - looks spectacular in SD and should be exceptional in HD

Twilight Zone - ditto

There is something about a beautifully filmed B&W series that is very appealing to me...especially those with noir-ish appeal

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I'd like to see Karen Sisco get any sort of release, but even better if HD. Yeah, I know, pipe dream.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks