Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Is SVS getting rid of the pb12/plus 2's?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   chris bruce

chris bruce

Stunt Coordinator

• 103 posts

Posted December 29 2007 - 03:22 AM

I just went to SVS's website and saw they are clearencing the plus 2's. Are they replacing them with their new ultra 13? I think SVS subwoofers are fantastic. They make good constructed and awesome looking subs. But I have 2 plus's 2 in a room that is 10 x 12 with 8ft. ceilings. I was planning on buying 2 more plus 2's sometime in the future. I actually want to see if I can collapse somebody's chest cavity, ha ha just kidding. I am all about the bass. My two subs now are awesome. I almost couldn't ask for more. Almost. Thant's why I was planning on buying two more down the road. But I guess I can't now. Did anybody comparte these new ultra 13's against the plus 2's yet? It's very hard for me to imagine that those plus 2's can be outperformed by a single woofer. Thanks

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   JohnRice

JohnRice

Lead Actor

• 8,589 posts

Posted December 29 2007 - 06:43 AM

All you have to do is read the PB12 Plus/2 page...
So, the short answer is Yes.

The Hybrid System

The Music Part: Emotiva XSP-1, Thiel CS 3.6, Emotiva XPA-2, Marantz SA8004, Emotiva ERC-3, SVS PB-12 Plus 2

The Surround Part: Sherbourn PT-7030, Thiel SCS3, Emotiva XPA-5, Polk & Emotiva Surrounds.

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   Guy Usher

Guy Usher

Supporting Actor

• 780 posts

Posted December 30 2007 - 07:50 PM

Their best bang for the buck is still the PB12NSD2 at considerably less money. I owned the +2 loved it dearly then for whatever reason sold it. Now 3 or 4 subs later I have the NSD2 and in my room you are hard pressed if you can even tell the difference between the two. . . Makes sense to me if in fact they are dropping the +2. That 13Ultra is priced pretty close to the + model . . . I'd rather keep the 13 and the nsd2 for an entry level dual 12in if I'm making any sense at all. . .
Even Monkeys fall from trees.

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   AlanZ

AlanZ

Screenwriter

• 1,335 posts

Posted December 31 2007 - 01:04 AM

Understatement of the frickin' YEAR! Dude, my room is 12x16 with a sloped ceiling that rises to 12' at the crease, and all I have in here right now is a PB10. I'm likely going to pick up an Ultra 13 soon, but I couldn't imagine having FOUR 12plus2s in my room. I used to have a PB12-NSD/2 in my last house, which was a much more open space, and that thing blew us out of the joint...what is the experience like with that crazy bass you have?? Do you end up with bruises?
"Come on you Fockers....CONGA!!!"
-Dustin Hoffman as 'Bernie Focker'

Updated Equipment List

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   Wayne Ernst

Wayne Ernst

Screenwriter

• 2,589 posts

Posted December 31 2007 - 04:44 AM

Not bad ... considering the year will be over in a few hours. Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Enjoy! Posted Image
"My reality check ... just bounced"

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   SherardP

SherardP

Stunt Coordinator

• 222 posts

Posted January 02 2008 - 07:02 PM

Plus/2 is a beast. Im running two of them with the SMS-1 and will soon add a 3rd if I can get to it in time, it not I'll add the Ultra 13 and cause another earthquake in Japan.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users