-

Photo
- - - - -

Warner titles in Blu?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 Matt Butler

Matt Butler

Screenwriter

• 1,921 posts

Posted December 28 2007 - 09:55 AM

Warner seems to have a few titles in Red but not Blu. Just wondering about
Perfect Storm
Batman Begins and
Matrix trilogy
My Blu Rays
http://www.blu-ray.c...ol...=Dj Matt B

Favorite films of all time in no order
1. Zodiac 2. Dawn of the Dead (1978) 3. The Good The Bad and The Ugly 4. Blade Runner 5. The Warriors 6. Dark Knight 7. The Godfather  8. Bullitt 9. Experiment in Terror 10. Raiders of the Lost...

#2 of 5 TonyD

TonyD

Executive Producer

• 16,091 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted December 28 2007 - 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Butler
Warner seems to have a few titles in Red but not Blu. Just wondering about
Perfect Storm
Batman Begins and
Matrix trilogy
have you looked in the topics for those titles?

I'm sure the reason has been discussed there.
facebook.com/whotony

#3 of 5 Jon Moss

Jon Moss

Stunt Coordinator

• 62 posts

Posted December 28 2007 - 10:40 AM

Warner have been holding back on some of these titles until the Blu-ray Profile 1.1 issues were sorted out. Blu-ray players couldn't handle the PIP commentaries included on the HD-DVD versions until this was sorted.

We should hopefully be seeing these sometime in 2008, now that Profile 1.1 has been launched. The PS3 is now a fully compliant Profile 1.1 player via an internet update & the first Profile 1.1 titles with interactive features are coming in January (Sunshine, 3:10 to Yuma, Resident Evil:Extinction, War).

It's all explained much better here;

High-Def FAQ: Blu-ray Profiles Explained | High-Def Digest

#4 of 5 Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

Lead Actor

• 7,146 posts
  • LocationNorth Hollywood, CA

Posted December 28 2007 - 11:09 AM

For those titles that do not have the In-Movie Experience, such as Casablanca, The Adventures of Robin Hood, or The Perfect Storm, Warner is simply waiting for a viable release window that will accommodate 1) sufficient replication and 2) sufficient promotion.

"And now the reprimand, from an American critic. He reproaches me for using film as a sacred & lasting medium, like a painting or a book. He does not believe that filmmaking is an inferior art, but he believes, and quite rightly, that a reel goes quickly, that the public are looking above all for relaxation, that film is fragile and that it is pretentious to express the power of one's soul by such ephemeral and delicate means, that Charlie Chaplin's or Buster Keaton's first films can only be seen on very rare and badly spoiled prints. I add that the cinema is making daily progress and that eventually films that we consider marvelous today will soon be forgotten because of new dimensions & colour. This is true. But for 4 weeks this film [The Blood of a Poet] has been shown to audiences that have been so attentive, so eager & so warm, that I wonder after all there is not an anonymous public who are looking for more than relaxation in the cinema." - Jean Cocteau, 1932

#5 of 5 Chris S

Chris S

Screenwriter

• 2,522 posts

Posted December 28 2007 - 11:47 AM

Brandon hit the answer right on the nose. Hopefully they'll announce futher details in a little over a week during CES (1/7-1/10).
DVD & Blu-ray - It's all about the movies!