Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Question about the M1 Port on the SP4805.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 Ed_Furcolow

Ed_Furcolow

Extra

• 19 posts

Posted December 27 2007 - 01:49 PM

My PC is the only thing that I've had hooked into the M1 Port on my SP4805 to date. My X-box 360 doesn't have HDMI so that is hooked up via component, and I don't have a PS3 yet. My question is, is it worth it to invest in the M1-to-HDMI converter so that I can hook up an OPPO DV-980H DVD Player through HDMI? I know that SP4805 scales down true HD to the projectors native resolution, but believe me, my Time Warner HD Box looks fantastic on it, and noticeably better than my 480p DVDs do. I've read some rave reviews about the OPPO's up-scaling functionality (Amazon.com: OPPO DV-980H 1080p Up-Converting Universal DVD Player with HDMI and 7.1CH Audio: Electronics ), but my only hesitation is how well the M1 port on the SP4805 really works when you've converted it to HDMI. Has anyone else tried something like this yet, and how happy were you with the results? I'm not quite ready to invest in Next-Gen DVDs until the format war has ended, and this seem like a great compromise till then. Any replies would be much appreciated.