Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Anyone ever use hollywoodiscalling.com?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   Dave Poehlman

Dave Poehlman

Producer

• 3,817 posts

Posted December 26 2007 - 09:18 AM

So, I just realized it's my buddy's birthday tomorrow... and I came across this site: Hollywood Is Calling and I thought it would be awesome to have Erin Gray call him and wish him happy birthday for $20.

Anyone ever use this? It says $20 will buy you a personalized live message.. but, it then goes on to say that the celebrity will not wait for you to turn on your answering machine to record the call... which makes me wonder if it is indeed a live message or just a personalized recording.

Either way.. a call from Erin Gray would be pretty cool. lol.

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   Bryan X

Bryan X

Producer

• 3,469 posts

Posted December 26 2007 - 10:38 AM

Looking at the site, they clearly state it is a live call. What it seems to be alluding to regarding the answering machine, is that if you pick up the phone, the celebrity will not wait around while you turn on the answering machine to record the call. If you do it, let us know how it goes.

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   zillion01

zillion01

Auditioning

• 12 posts

Posted December 26 2007 - 11:53 AM

Let me know how it goes, sounds interesting

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   Brian Perry

Brian Perry

Screenwriter

• 2,815 posts

Posted December 26 2007 - 03:25 PM

The only two "celebs" I could even recognize were Larry Thomas (the "Soup Nazi" from Seinfeld) and Ron Palillo ("Horshack" from Welcome Back Kotter). [Okay, a few more -- Larry Holmes, Lou Ferrigno, and Butch Patrick (Eddie Munster).]

#5 of 6 ONLINE   Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,983 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted December 26 2007 - 03:35 PM

I wonder if it would cost extra to get David Naughton to sing "Makin' It." If Alana Curry calls, I'm totally asking her out.

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   Dave Poehlman

Dave Poehlman

Producer

• 3,817 posts

Posted December 27 2007 - 01:45 AM

I didn't do it... if I would've thought of it sooner. Maybe next year.

I did find this site too: Monkeyphonecall.com - Monkey phone call for you! - Monkey phone calls!

Maybe I'll start my own site and people can pay to get a call from me. Posted Image