What's new

WB discontinues Led Zeppelin: The Song Remains The Same on both HD formats (1 Viewer)

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Has anyone heard why WB discontinued Led Zeppelin: The Song Remains The Same on both HD-DVD and Blu-ray??? I was looking foward to picking up this title and I still might unless there is a serious issue with the disc. Lets say that since there has been no mention of problems with this title I was suprised to see that it was discontinued. :eek:

Anyone know why it was discontinued and if it is going to be rereleased or not?

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Just checked Amazon to see if they still have it available and they list (for both formats) a release date of 12/31/10 (their standard when they don't have a date) with this message:
First time I've ever seen that on Amazon. That may have something to do with it if it has been discontinued.

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member
I could never figure out whether or not this title was going to include lossless audio, so perhaps Warner Bros. could use this delay to the customers advantage by including it if it wasn't going to have it originally. Otherwise, I won't be buying this title whenever it is released.

Jeff Savage

Second Unit
There are some out there if you look. I have my HD DVD copy that I paid $20 for from an online retailer.

Laters,
Jeff

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I pre-ordered it (on BD) direct from WB, and every now and then they send me an email saying that delivery is being delayed. No mention of it actually being discontinued though.

What's the "legal snag?"

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
ed wood(the second one) was pulled because of a clip or something in the special features that someone didnt like.

"Lastly, I should note that there is one extra, "When Carol Met Larry," that only appears on the first batch of Ed Wood DVDs. It's a mini-doc about a transvestite and it is rumored that it was this extra that held up the DVD for all those years. True or not, I certainly hope that it wasn't for this disposable piece of nonsense that I was kept waiting. The DVD certainly doesn't miss its inclusion."

are you saying this is the same on the song remains the same release?

isnt the sd version readily available?

besides that, who says this was cancelled not just delayed?

i just ordered one on each format and they have shipped.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz

Hey Paul, it's WB where talking about here. There more likely to use a low bitrate dolby digital track than they are Dolby True HD or uncompressed pcm. I would love to own it in HD but I may just pass on it even though I do want the title. There is no guarentee, I might just pick it up be cause I am week! :laugh:

DVD Empire listed it as discontinue by studio.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
dvd empire as a source?

ok, how about a link to a press release or an announcement form WB

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
DVD Planet shows title as discontinued by studio

Amazon says this: Production Delay: Due to production and shipment delays from the studio impacting all retailers, this title was not available to ship by the original street date. We are working with the studio to get this product in stock as quickly as possible. We apologize for any inconvenience.

DVD planet shows out of stock.

I am not having much luck finding any other mention of this title being delayed or discontinued on WB's web site or any other, at least not yet. I have never had any reason to doubt DVD Empire in the past so I wanted to find out what was going on with this title.

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
Got my copy for Christmas, but haven't played it yet, as I need an empty house when I crank out the Led for my head!

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
This (the HD DVD) was something I was considering getting eventually, but figured I should get it now. Just ordered it from BN.com - they claim to have both the HD DVD and Blu-ray in stock/shipping in 24 hours. The SD is listed as "usually ships in 1-2 weeks." Got it for $21.xx using a 20% coupon for members (that was actually cheaper than using a 25% coupon because I would have had to pay for shipping).

How about this story at High Def Digest?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks