What's new

Anyone up for some Waters-era live "Dark Side"? (1 Viewer)

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
Straight from "The Hidden Track" blog:

Hidden Track » Grousing The Aisles: Dale's Picks

"If you don’t already have this bootleg, stop whatever you’re doing (hell, even if it’s sexy time) and download it now. You have to hear this pristine multi-track SBD recording made by the BBC on November 16, 1974. This is the 2nd set and encore of the band’s performance that night: a full performance of Dark Side Of The Moon followed by an Echoes encore.

Now, even if you already have this recording in your collection, you’ll probably want to download this new version. All of the processing applied to previous versions has been eliminated through the use of a source closer to the original BBC tapes, and many previous versions in circulation did not include the Echoes encore. This is seriously an amazing treasure of a recording, possessing the ability to make Dark Side Of The Moon sound fresh and new to the ears. Best of all, it does not sound like a bootleg and it does not sound 33 years old."

This is pretty dang cool if you ask me as it's the only time I've ever heard "DSotM" in its entirety with Roger!

JeremySt

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeremy
it amazes me that stuff like this turns up, and is available for free download. I would think that would this be a commercial release, it would represent a huge cash cow for the Pink Floyd members. I know I would have plunked down $ to buy it on CD.

Example: "Is there anybody out there: The Wall Live" Sold truckloads of copies... why would this be any different?

Im not complaining... Im thrilled to get this for free... its just amazing that it just now surfaced.... to me anyway.

EDIT: for poor typing

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
If you Google "Pink Floyd matrix mix" you can find this show mixed to 5.1 apparently from the same pristine pre-FM SBD masters along with audience tapes. It's out there in DVD-A, FLAC, DTS, as well as others. Haven't heard the DVD-A yet as I don't have burning capability at the moment.

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member

I hear ya, Jeremy...I love finding little gems like these, especially for free! :D

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
I finally listened to this. Killer. Just plain killer. Why they wouldn't officially release something like this I have no idea.

Also listened to the Zep. Interesting but very rough around the edges. But it's a soundcheck of course. :)

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member

I was baffled by that myself. Other than the recent Wall live release, there's really nothing out there with Waters on any "Dark Side" material.

JimBarrese

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone know where to find the hirez DVDA version of this recording that was mentioned in an earlier post?

KurtEP

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kurt
Finally had a chance to burn this onto a disk and listen to it. Great stuff, Thanks Ron! I loved Echoes on this one (big Meddle fan). By the way, is the first track a bit screwed up (cuts off early and then no sound for a while) or did my copy mess up somehow in the burning/downloading process?

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member

Cool, glad you enjoyed it!

Hmm, I don't recall any drop outs in the track but I could be wrong.

KevinJ

Supporting Actor
I tried to burn this onto disc but was unable to.....couldn't get windows media player to play it either.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks