Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Anyone up for some Waters-era live "Dark Side"?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 of 18 OFFLINE   Ron Reda

Ron Reda

Screenwriter

• 2,281 posts

Posted December 24 2007 - 07:46 PM

Straight from "The Hidden Track" blog:

Hidden Track » Grousing The Aisles: Dale's Picks

"If you don’t already have this bootleg, stop whatever you’re doing (hell, even if it’s sexy time) and download it now. You have to hear this pristine multi-track SBD recording made by the BBC on November 16, 1974. This is the 2nd set and encore of the band’s performance that night: a full performance of Dark Side Of The Moon followed by an Echoes encore.

Now, even if you already have this recording in your collection, you’ll probably want to download this new version. All of the processing applied to previous versions has been eliminated through the use of a source closer to the original BBC tapes, and many previous versions in circulation did not include the Echoes encore. This is seriously an amazing treasure of a recording, possessing the ability to make Dark Side Of The Moon sound fresh and new to the ears. Best of all, it does not sound like a bootleg and it does not sound 33 years old."

This is pretty dang cool if you ask me as it's the only time I've ever heard "DSotM" in its entirety with Roger!
"Music is a magic carpet loaded with oils and other soothing potions, it's just what you need when you don't know what you need, when you've got more questions than answers." - Bob Lefsetz

#2 of 18 OFFLINE   Ken Situ

Ken Situ

Stunt Coordinator

• 102 posts

Posted December 25 2007 - 05:59 AM

Many thanks for the link. I am going to download it. Cool.

#3 of 18 OFFLINE   Dennis Nicholls

Dennis Nicholls

Lead Actor

• 8,281 posts
  • LocationBoise, ID

Posted December 25 2007 - 11:48 AM

Rats. When I saw this thread, I thought you were talking about Muddy Waters.

Posted Image
Feline videophiles Condoleezza and Dukie.

#4 of 18 OFFLINE   Ron Reda

Ron Reda

Screenwriter

• 2,281 posts

Posted December 26 2007 - 12:39 PM

Dark side of the Mud!
"Music is a magic carpet loaded with oils and other soothing potions, it's just what you need when you don't know what you need, when you've got more questions than answers." - Bob Lefsetz

#5 of 18 OFFLINE   Kevin C Brown

Kevin C Brown

Producer

• 5,713 posts

Posted December 26 2007 - 08:01 PM

Zep there too. Posted Image
If it's not worth waiting until the last minute to do, then it's not worth doing.

KevinVision 7.1 ...

#6 of 18 OFFLINE   Ron Reda

Ron Reda

Screenwriter

• 2,281 posts

Posted December 29 2007 - 05:11 AM

Yep, good stuff as well.

#7 of 18 OFFLINE   JeremySt

JeremySt

Screenwriter

• 1,777 posts

Posted January 07 2008 - 03:10 PM

it amazes me that stuff like this turns up, and is available for free download. I would think that would this be a commercial release, it would represent a huge cash cow for the Pink Floyd members. I know I would have plunked down $ to buy it on CD. Example: "Is there anybody out there: The Wall Live" Sold truckloads of copies... why would this be any different? Im not complaining... Im thrilled to get this for free... its just amazing that it just now surfaced.... to me anyway. EDIT: for poor typing

#8 of 18 OFFLINE   Jack Gilvey

Jack Gilvey

Producer

• 4,952 posts

Posted January 07 2008 - 11:22 PM

If you Google "Pink Floyd matrix mix" you can find this show mixed to 5.1 apparently from the same pristine pre-FM SBD masters along with audience tapes. It's out there in DVD-A, FLAC, DTS, as well as others. Haven't heard the DVD-A yet as I don't have burning capability at the moment.

Posted Image
SVS Customer Service
http://www.svsound.com
sales@svsound.com
techsupport@svsound.com

#9 of 18 OFFLINE   Ron Reda

Ron Reda

Screenwriter

• 2,281 posts

Posted January 09 2008 - 02:55 PM

I hear ya, Jeremy...I love finding little gems like these, especially for free! Posted Image

#10 of 18 OFFLINE   Kevin C Brown

Kevin C Brown

Producer

• 5,713 posts

Posted March 04 2008 - 12:40 PM

I finally listened to this. Killer. Just plain killer. Why they wouldn't officially release something like this I have no idea.

Also listened to the Zep. Interesting but very rough around the edges. But it's a soundcheck of course. Posted Image
If it's not worth waiting until the last minute to do, then it's not worth doing.

KevinVision 7.1 ...

#11 of 18 OFFLINE   Ron Reda

Ron Reda

Screenwriter

• 2,281 posts

Posted March 05 2008 - 03:47 AM

I was baffled by that myself. Other than the recent Wall live release, there's really nothing out there with Waters on any "Dark Side" material.

#12 of 18 OFFLINE   Steve Meskell

Steve Meskell

Second Unit

• 381 posts

Posted March 08 2008 - 12:37 AM

Great Link
Here's one with the first half of Roger's current tour...
Talkin’ About My Revolutions » See You On The Dark Side Of The Moon…

#13 of 18 OFFLINE   JimBarrese

JimBarrese

Stunt Coordinator

• 74 posts

Posted March 08 2008 - 04:57 AM

Anyone know where to find the hirez DVDA version of this recording that was mentioned in an earlier post?

#14 of 18 OFFLINE   KurtEP

KurtEP

Supporting Actor

• 698 posts

Posted March 09 2008 - 06:51 AM

Finally had a chance to burn this onto a disk and listen to it. Great stuff, Thanks Ron! I loved Echoes on this one (big Meddle fan). By the way, is the first track a bit screwed up (cuts off early and then no sound for a while) or did my copy mess up somehow in the burning/downloading process?
Lay down your law books now, they're no damned good -- The Eagles

#15 of 18 OFFLINE   Ron Reda

Ron Reda

Screenwriter

• 2,281 posts

Posted March 09 2008 - 09:02 AM

Cool, glad you enjoyed it! Hmm, I don't recall any drop outs in the track but I could be wrong.

#16 of 18 OFFLINE   Ron Reda

Ron Reda

Screenwriter

• 2,281 posts

Posted March 09 2008 - 09:04 AM

Jim,

If you re-read the post, I'll bet you figure out how. Posted Image

#17 of 18 OFFLINE   KevinJ

KevinJ

Supporting Actor

• 558 posts

Posted March 10 2008 - 01:42 PM

I tried to burn this onto disc but was unable to.....couldn't get windows media player to play it either.

#18 of 18 OFFLINE   Philip Hamm

Philip Hamm

Lead Actor

• 6,887 posts

Posted March 11 2008 - 02:21 AM

Very nice. Thanks for sharing.
Philip Hamm
Moderator Emeritus

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users