Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Amazing prices for JBL L series: E-bay blowout!!!

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   DorianBryant

DorianBryant

Screenwriter

• 1,555 posts

Posted December 23 2007 - 01:35 PM

As many of you probably know, Harman is blowing out their L series speakers on Flea-bay. I purchased a pr of L830s, L810's, and a LC1 for $425 shipped. I have been extremely impressed with their build quality and sound. For 65-80% off of MSRP these are a steal.

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   jschlesi

jschlesi

Auditioning

• 7 posts

Posted December 24 2007 - 12:37 AM

This thread is incredibly serendipidous. I have been lurking on Ebay watching all kinds of speakers come to close and have dismissed the JBL as big box crapola. I saw your thread and it made me start looking at reviews. If the reviews are 50% correct these are a steal at Ebay prices.

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   DorianBryant

DorianBryant

Screenwriter

• 1,555 posts

Posted December 24 2007 - 10:35 AM

Keep in mind these are not the Venue series being sold at Best Buy. Even better, these can be had for less than the much cheaper Venue series. The Studio "L" series has excellent build quality and great sound. I have had Klipsch RF-35, RC-7, RS-35 and a Paradign Mini-monitor set-up for comparison.

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   Todd Stout

Todd Stout

Screenwriter

• 1,034 posts

Posted December 26 2007 - 11:18 AM

I wish they had these with "buy it now" prices. With my luck I'd score some speakers and not others. Actually... with my luck bidding on items on Ebay I wouldn't win any of the auctions. I really liked the sound of the somewhat recent JBL E90 floor standers (especially considering the low prices they could be found for) and I imagine the L890s have a similar sound to them. I'm certainly going to keep my eyes on these.

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   Danny Tse

Danny Tse

Producer

• 3,190 posts

Posted December 26 2007 - 12:05 PM

Great, look what you did!! I just won a pair of L830-Z for $123.00!!
SACD not listed at sa-cd.net (updated 8/26/2009)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users