What's new

FS: Paradigm Studio CC-570 V.3 (1 Viewer)

Mike boettner

Stunt Coordinator
Paradigm Studio Center Channel CC-570 V.3 In The Rosenut Finish. Very Light Use, Near Mint. Going Back To 2 Channel Stereo. I Have The Box And All Packing Materials. Price Drop $575.00 Including Shipping.

Thanks For Looking-Mike

darjar

Auditioning
Real Name
david
Do you still have the paradigm center channel speaker for sale, if so could you reply back and possibly email pictures or call me directly I live in Florida.

Thanks
David
727-417-6010

Lewl

Auditioning
Real Name
LewLedyard
Is CC-570 still for sale? I am looking for one in Rosenut.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewl

Is CC-570 still for sale? I am looking for one in Rosenut.
It's been more than a year and a half since the last post in this thread; so it's unlikely.

TimMc

Stunt Coordinator
OK, Michael Ruben (should we call you Mr. Moderator?) - maybe you can help w/ the mystery...

There have been who-knows-how-many of these 1-day wonder posts - someone signs up to HTF, posts one message (practically always a reply to a more-often-than-not very old thread in the For Sale forum) and then is never heard from again. Who are these posters? Space aliens? Scammers?? The IRS??? I gotta believe that HTF captured their IP address (at least when they sign up) so curious minds want to know if there's some pattern to all these weird one-timers - or is it just that there really are that many clueless people in the galaxy?

Thanks!

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Not sure what the scoop is at HTF, but I have similar hit and runs on several sites I run. Most are owned by spammers who want to look authentic by having an 'older' account sign up date and an established posting history.

In this case tho, where a bump is very specific to a product like this, it might be tempting to think that its a result of the new search capability combined with a user not fully being aware of how old the search results are. Several forums have failsafes that interrupt a bump like this with a pop-up that says "This thread is over XXX days old, are you REALLY sure you want to reply to it?" Some forums don't let you bump old threads at all after a certain date.

Ron Boster

Screenwriter
There are 13 old ads on the front page alone that have been bumped by new members with less than a couple of posts to their names. Mike has said before this is probably due to search engine results bringing up old ads and members not taking note of the date. I agree that it's strange that it's ALL new members that make this mistake. Statistically, wouldn't it be fairly even mistake between new and existing members?

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Originally Posted by TimMc /forum/thread/266247/fs-paradigm-studio-cc-570-v-3#post_3603771

There are 13 old ads on the front page alone that have been bumped by new members with less than a couple of posts to their names. Mike has said before this is probably due to search engine results bringing up old ads and members not taking note of the date. I agree that it's strange that it's ALL new members that make this mistake. Statistically, wouldn't it be fairly even mistake between new and existing members?

Existing members are nearly as likely to find old for-sale posts via search engines. They're already here. These single-post signups are consistent with someone running a search for a particular product, finding the listing at HTF, then clicking through the link to the listing without ever bothering to notice the date.

On the old forum, you wouldn't get these kinds of posts, because signups had to be approved by a webmaster before an account would be activated. Here there's no waiting period, and these responses to antique ads are one of the penalties we pay. The upside (and it's a big upside) is that we have a lot more new members who begin immediately participating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks