Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Bulk photo compressor ?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   Mike Heenan

Mike Heenan

Second Unit

• 405 posts

Posted December 16 2007 - 08:11 AM

Does anyone know of a photo compressor for the Mac you can use to compress large amounts of photos? I am currently uploading my Istanbul pics to my myspace page, and they were all 8mp and huge files of course, and it takes forever. I obviously want to keep the originals at the orginal resolution, but I'm wondering if there's a program I can use to compress copies of the photos to a smaller resolution for emailing and posting purposes.

#2 of 5 ONLINE   DaveF

DaveF

• 15,778 posts
  • LocationOne Loudoun, Ashburn, VA

Posted December 16 2007 - 08:25 AM

Here's an article about resizing tools for the Mac.

http://www.macworld.....pegresize.html

Graphic Converter seems to be an old standby for many people.

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   Eric M Jones

Eric M Jones

Second Unit

• 398 posts

Posted December 17 2007 - 02:33 PM

You can use the send email function in iPhoto. Just multiple select the photos you want resized (in iPhoto) then select the email icon at the bottom of the iPhoto window. It will give you a choice of sizes. Choose the size you want. It will resize the photos and open them in a new email. From here just drag and drop the photos from the email to a folder. Now you have new smaller copies all done for you. -EJ
 Visit my blog coregeek.net

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   Aaron Reynolds

Aaron Reynolds

Screenwriter

• 1,711 posts

Posted December 20 2007 - 05:28 AM

Eric's trick can also be accomplished directly in iPhoto without going to Mail. Select a group of photographs, go to the File menu, select Export, set JPEG as your format and choose small, medium or large (or custom if you want more control), then pick a folder to put them all into. That's in '08 -- in iPhoto '06 you have to choose specific resolution numbers instead of small, medium or large.

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   Eric M Jones

Eric M Jones

Second Unit

• 398 posts

Posted December 21 2007 - 06:00 PM

I should have figured iPhoto had this feature elsewhere without involving mail. Thanks for the tip. -EJ
 Visit my blog coregeek.net

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users