-

Photo
- - - - -

Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl Framing Issue

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
168 replies to this topic

#1 of 169 BVHE Rep

BVHE Rep

Auditioning

• 5 posts

Posted December 14 2007 - 08:40 AM

To help speed up this replacement process, please go to the link below and complete the e-mail submission. Thank you! Blu-ray Support

http://studio.go.com....lem/report.tpl

#2 of 169 Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina

Lead Actor

• 9,599 posts

Posted December 14 2007 - 12:18 PM

Thank you very much!

XBox Live: TheL1brarian (let's play Destiny on XB1)

#3 of 169 Ed Speir IV

Ed Speir IV

Stunt Coordinator

• 71 posts

Posted December 15 2007 - 12:53 AM

Thanks! Just filled out the info!

#4 of 169 Richard Gallagher

Richard Gallagher

Producer

• 3,015 posts
  • LocationFishkill, NY

Posted December 15 2007 - 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVHE Rep
To help speed up this replacement process, please go to the link below and complete the e-mail submission. Thank you! Blu-ray Support

http://studio.go.com....lem/report.tpl

I'm having a problem filling out the form. They are asking me to enter a "DLT" code from the back of the disc, and I can't find any such code. There are some numbers on the back, but they are so faint that I have to strain to see them, and none of them appear to resemble the example (i.e., there is no set of numbers which begins with X or MAT).

So what do I do?
Rich Gallagher

#5 of 169 Scooter

Scooter

Screenwriter

• 1,510 posts
  • LocationDFW Area Texas

Posted December 16 2007 - 05:41 AM

I simply entered F6666, because I haven't even opened the case yet to be hands on with the disc. That got me through to completion.

#6 of 169 Scooter

Scooter

Screenwriter

• 1,510 posts
  • LocationDFW Area Texas

Posted December 17 2007 - 03:35 AM

This JUST arrived in my email:

QUOTE:"Dear Scooter,

Thank you for your email. A replacement Pirates of the Caribbean has been sent to you. You should see it in 7-10 business days.

Thank you,

Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment Technical Support

We'll see...

#7 of 169 Dan M

Dan M

Second Unit

• 327 posts

Posted December 17 2007 - 04:18 AM

so when will the corrected version be available to buy and how can we tell the difference?

#8 of 169 Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina

Lead Actor

• 9,599 posts

Posted December 17 2007 - 05:38 AM

Richard,

I know they're hard to read, but I just put in the disc numbers that I could read. They did not start with the letters that the webpage indicates, I think those are for DVDs only. I got a similar message to Scooter.

Dan,

No idea on when the corrected versions will be available, the BVHE email makes it sound like they're ready to go, but we'll see. As far as telling the difference, do you mean by packaging? Because it will be pretty easy to tell in the movie, the heads won't be cut off in that scene in the forgery where Bloom and Depp are sparring and then Norrington & Co. walk in.

When I get my replacement disc I'll post if there's any difference in disc numbers. I'm not sure if they'll just send the disc or the whole package, if it's the former I won't be able to compare UPC numbers to my current disc.

#9 of 169 Paul Arnette

Paul Arnette

Screenwriter

• 2,616 posts

Posted December 17 2007 - 06:25 AM

I called before the replacement program was officially kicked off on Friday, but I got in touch with BVHE again to make sure I was on this list to receive a replacement disc, and I was assured I was. I never had to supply any disc numbers at any point during that process, so, apparently, this is something new. Anyway, I will be sure to report when I have received mine. Though I had requested to be contacted via e-mail, and I have still not received any indication my disc has shipped. Hopefully, I will receive it soon.
Universal Blu-ray Discs I will not be buying while they're offered only as Blu-ray + DVD 'flipper' discs:

The Jackal
, Out of Africa, and Traffic.

#10 of 169 Jay Gregory

Jay Gregory

Stunt Coordinator

• 237 posts

Posted December 17 2007 - 06:37 AM

I haven't received any response to the report I submitted Friday evening. But I'm not sure how they would know my mailing address, since there is no place to submit that info on the report.

Is anyone else confused about how Disney would be able to ship replacements when they have not asked for a mailing address?

(BTW, I'm using Safari 3.0.4 on Mac OS X 10.4.11 if that might be a factor in the form that is presented by the link above.)

#11 of 169 Douglas Monce

Douglas Monce

Producer

• 5,514 posts

Posted December 17 2007 - 06:43 AM

I filled out the form, but it didn't ask me for a shipping address or anything, so how do they know where to send it?

Doug
"I'm in great shape, for the shape I'm in."
Bob Hope in The Ghostbreakers

#12 of 169 Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina

Lead Actor

• 9,599 posts

Posted December 17 2007 - 07:05 AM

You will receive an email shortly asking for that information.

#13 of 169 Jay Gregory

Jay Gregory

Stunt Coordinator

• 237 posts

Posted December 17 2007 - 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlo Medina
You will receive an email shortly asking for that information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby
That just happened!

Thanks!

#14 of 169 Chris Gerhard

Chris Gerhard

Screenwriter

• 1,271 posts

Posted December 17 2007 - 08:28 AM

The form has been rejected about 15 times for me. It keeps on stating specific problem is required and I had filled that out the first time I tried. Nothing seems to help the issue and I can't get any further.

Chris

#15 of 169 Todd H

Todd H

Screenwriter

• 2,049 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted December 17 2007 - 10:36 AM

Filled out the form yesterday afternoon but haven't heard anything back.

#16 of 169 Brent M

Brent M

Producer

• 4,486 posts

Posted December 17 2007 - 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan M
so when will the corrected version be available to buy and how can we tell the difference?

I'd like to know the answer to that as well.
"If you're good at something, never do it for free."

#17 of 169 Dan M

Dan M

Second Unit

• 327 posts

Posted December 17 2007 - 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlo Medina

. As far as telling the difference, do you mean by packaging? Because it will be pretty easy to tell in the movie, the heads won't be cut off in that scene in the forgery where Bloom and Depp are sparring and then Norrington & Co. walk in.

When I get my replacement disc I'll post if there's any difference in disc numbers. I'm not sure if they'll just send the disc or the whole package, if it's the former I won't be able to compare UPC numbers to my current disc.

yes I meant with the packaging..I'm holding off buying this until I know I'm buying the correct version...I wonder how long it would take for the etailers to have the corrected version as well. I would imagine they would keep sending out the missframed ones until they run out and phase in the correct ones. Or would they recall the missframed ones maybe?

#18 of 169 Ron-P

Ron-P

Producer

• 6,283 posts

Posted December 17 2007 - 02:00 PM

I filled it out. I haven't even watched the movie yet.
You have all the weapons you need...Now fight!

#19 of 169 JediFonger

JediFonger

Producer

• 3,936 posts

Posted December 17 2007 - 03:08 PM

could be never =P. i also waited for universal to change their ways on back to the future widescreen trilogy. to my knowledge they are STILL pressing the wrong discs out there and the only method to get proper framing is to send the discs in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan M
yes I meant with the packaging..I'm holding off buying this until I know I'm buying the correct version...I wonder how long it would take for the etailers to have the corrected version as well. I would imagine they would keep sending out the missframed ones until they run out and phase in the correct ones. Or would they recall the missframed ones maybe?

#20 of 169 Jim_K

Jim_K

Executive Producer

• 10,089 posts

Posted December 17 2007 - 11:37 PM

I called the 800 # yesterday. The rep was friendly, polite and all I had to say was I was calling for a replacement of the Pirates Blu-ray disc and she knew exactly what I was talking about (how refreshing, Warner and Universal take note). Took about 2 minutes to get my info and was told I'd get the replacement in 7-10 days and to just keep or throw out the old BD when the replacement arrives.

Very smooth so far. Posted Image
Death before Streaming!

Back to Blu-ray

Forum Nav Content I Follow