-

Photo

TCFHE Press Release: The Darjeeling Limited

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 of 12 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 39,931 posts

Posted December 14 2007 - 08:20 AM

OWEN WILSON, ADRIEN BRODY AND
JASON SCHWARTZMAN STAR IN
WES ANDERSON’S CRITICALLY ACCLAIMED FILM
The Darjeeling Limited
Charming Comedic Tale Of Brotherly Bonding Arrives On DVD
February 26 From Fox Home Entertainment

“Warm, Engaging and Funny”
- Chicago-Sun Times

“More than one of the best movies of the year. It’s a movie you want to hold inside.”
- Rolling Stone

CENTURY CITY, Calif. – A magical train ride through India brings three brothers closer together despite their family baggage in The Darjeeling Limited, a powerful story of self-discovery debuting on DVD February 26 from Fox Home Entertainment. Featuring an amazingly talented cast including Owen Wilson (You, Me and Dupree Wedding Crashers) Academy AwardÒ winner Adrien Brody (The Pianist), and Jason Schwartzman (Marie Antoinette, Shopgirl) as estranged brothers who plan a trip through India to rediscover their familial bond a year after their father’s death. A comedic series of unexpected twists and turns involving over-the-counter painkillers, Indian cough syrup and one poisonous snake leave them stranded in uncharted territory. The Darjeeling Limited beautifully encompasses the gift of brotherly love discovered during an unexpected “spiritual” journey. “An extraordinary movie, filled with splendor, laughter and a touch of cosmic wisdom,” (LA Daily News) the film displays a ridiculously entertaining blend of comedy and drama. Co-written and directed by innovative filmmaker Wes Anderson (The Royal Tenenbaums, Rushmore) The Darjeeling Limited opened the 45th New York Film Festival and was an official selection of the 2007 Venice Film Festival The cast also features Academy AwardÒ-winner Anjelica Huston (Prizzi’s Honor), a cameo from Bill Murray (Lost In Translation) as well as a special performance by OscarÒ-nominee Natalie Portman (Closer) in the film’s featurette “Hotel Chevalier.” Featuring commentary and four featurettes, The Darjeeling Limited will be available for the suggested retail price of $29.98 U.S. / $43.48 Canada. Prebook is January 2, 2008.

Synopsis:
Three American brothers who have not spoken to one another in a year set off on a train voyage across India with a plan to find themselves and bond with each other – to become brothers again like they used to be. Their “spiritual quest” however, veers rapidly off-course and they eventually find themselves stranded alone in the middle of the desert with eleven suitcases, a printer and a laminating machine. At this moment, a new, unplanned journey suddenly begins.

Special Features:
The Darjeeling Limited is presented in widescreen (1.35:1 aspect ratio) and pan & scan versions with English, French and Spanish subtitles. Bonus content includes:
o Featurette – “Hotel Chevalier”
o Featurettes

The Darjeeling Limited
Street Date: February 26, 2008
Prebook Date: January 2, 2008
Price: $29.98 U.S. / $43.48 Canada
Catalog Number: 2249486
MPAA Rating: R
Canadian Rating: 14A
Feature Run Time: 91 minutes
Closed Captioned: Yes

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

gallery_269895_23_10043.jpg Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders gallery_269895_23_1316.jpg Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

gallery_269895_23_773.jpg Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive gallery_269895_23_992.jpgClick Here for our complete DVD review archive

gallery_269895_23_7246.jpg Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule gallery_269895_23_3120.jpg Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 12 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 21,999 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted December 14 2007 - 08:24 AM

Unless Wes Anderson has given up on supplements, it doesn't take a psychic to see that a better edition will be released at some point. Posted Image

#3 of 12 OFFLINE   Haden

Haden

Supporting Actor

• 782 posts

Posted December 14 2007 - 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisR
Unless Wes Anderson has given up on supplements, it doesn't take a psychic to see that a better edition will be released at some point. Posted Image

And from Criterion, no doubt.

#4 of 12 OFFLINE   Martin Teller

Martin Teller

Screenwriter

• 2,414 posts

Posted December 14 2007 - 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronald Epstein
The Darjeeling Limited is presented in widescreen (1.35:1 aspect ratio) and pan & scan versions

If the widescreen is 1.35:1, I'd hate to see what they did to the pan & scan Posted Image

#5 of 12 OFFLINE   Bill GrandPre

Bill GrandPre

Screenwriter

• 2,068 posts

Posted December 14 2007 - 10:19 AM

This is his first film for Fox but they're licensing-friendly and have licensed films to Criterion so that's pretty much an inevitability.

Although this makes me think maybe it won't be:

Quote:
Featuring commentary and four featurettes,

You don't need Criterion to produce a quality DVD anymore. Maybe Fox promised to do a good release themselves.
Don't you ever, EVER compare me to "Family Guy," you hear me Kyle? Compare me to "Family Guy" again and so help me, I will kill you where you stand!

Do you have any idea what it's like? Everywhere I go: "Hey Cartman you must like 'Family Guy,' right?" "Hey, your sense of humor reminds me of...

#6 of 12 OFFLINE   Lord Dalek

Lord Dalek

Screenwriter

• 2,119 posts

Posted December 14 2007 - 12:12 PM

Its possible that Anderson and Criterion are doing a similar deal with Fox that they did with Life Aquatic. A standard single discer to keep the brass happily earning more revenue and also a far more extravagant 2-disker featuring all the same stuff on the single and then some.

#7 of 12 OFFLINE   seanOhara

seanOhara

Supporting Actor

• 820 posts

Posted December 14 2007 - 12:45 PM

As long as there's a commentary, Hotel Chevalier, and at least one in depth featurette, I couldn't care less whether the spine has a Criterion number.
My Blog
Les Miserables Volume 1 with my reading of "Four and Four"
Librivox Short Story Collection 34 with my reading of Jack London's "War"

#8 of 12 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 21,999 posts

Posted December 14 2007 - 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanOhara
As long as there's a commentary, Hotel Chevalier, and at least one in depth featurette, I couldn't care less whether the spine has a Criterion number.
Yeah, admittedly featurettes could mean more than I think it does. To me, featurette usually means a 10 or 15 minute promo/fluff piece but if they've made a documentary that has just been split into 4 parts, that's another story (and a disc that's much more interesting). Here's to hoping it's more substantial than I think.

#9 of 12 OFFLINE   seanOhara

seanOhara

Supporting Actor

• 820 posts

Posted December 15 2007 - 03:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisR
Yeah, admittedly featurettes could mean more than I think it does. To me, featurette usually means a 10 or 15 minute promo/fluff piece but if they've made a documentary that has just been split into 4 parts, that's another story (and a disc that's much more interesting). Here's to hoping it's more substantial than I think.

Well the press release lists Hotel Chevalier as a featurette, so who knows. But the extras on the Criterion discs are usually broken up into short segments -- 15 minutes on the music, 10 on the set design, 30 on the making -- so there is some hope that this'll be a decent release.
My Blog
Les Miserables Volume 1 with my reading of "Four and Four"
Librivox Short Story Collection 34 with my reading of Jack London's "War"

#10 of 12 OFFLINE   joshEH

joshEH

Producer

• 3,019 posts
  • LocationRoom 303, The Heart O' The City Hotel

Posted February 17 2008 - 07:35 AM

Yeah...anyone who doesn't see a likely upgraded Criterion release in the future for this one is smoking something.

But it's probably some real GOOD shit, if that's the conclusion you reach. (How much an ounce?)

"Pablo, please take Chet's corpse into the other room, and then fix Mr. Hallenbeck a drink."

#11 of 12 OFFLINE   Kyle McKnight

Kyle McKnight

Screenwriter

• 2,515 posts

Posted March 31 2008 - 12:33 PM

I really enjoyed this movie and have been searching for bluray info for a long time. Anyone heard anything?
Kyle McKnight

#12 of 12 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 21,999 posts

Posted March 31 2008 - 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle McKnight
I really enjoyed this movie and have been searching for bluray info for a long time. Anyone heard anything?
Never say never but I'd think that if Fox had a Blu Ray release planned for any time soon, it would have come out at the same time as the DVD.

Back to DVD

Forum Nav Content I Follow