Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

film & tv downloads but without a PC

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   stewart borland

stewart borland

Stunt Coordinator

• 205 posts

Posted December 12 2007 - 06:40 AM

Hope this is the right section!
Long story short (and think UK solution please)

Location: Highlands of Scotland. No Sky (digital TV with dish) reception - mountain in the way, no cable (not enough houses to dig up street!) no freeview digital (year 2010 best guess)
After Googling till my eyeballs fell out, I found Tivo (but only in the States does it seem to download over the internet rather than from digital tv source??)

What can I use to download films & tv overnight or whenever, that'll look OK in living room, but not a PC or laptop? (think UK remember!) to increase my viewing selection/choice?

Thanks,

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   Joseph DeMartino

Joseph DeMartino

Lead Actor

• 8,303 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted December 12 2007 - 07:03 AM

In the U.S. you can download Amazon.com "Unbox" TV episodes and movies to a TiVo DVR. I don't know if the same service (or something similar) is offered by Amazon.co.uk with TiVo or some other partner. (Heck, I don't even know if TiVo itself is offered outside the U.S.)

Regards,

Joe

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   DaveF

DaveF

Executive Producer

• 14,247 posts
  • LocationOne Loudoun, Ashburn, VA

Posted December 14 2007 - 12:11 AM

What about a service like Netflix? DVDs delivered to your home? Is that available in your area?

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   stewart borland

stewart borland

Stunt Coordinator

• 205 posts

Posted December 14 2007 - 03:58 AM

Not sure it's Netflix but we do have DVD by delivery type companies, but I was after more TV content, current stuff if you like, even 24 hour news stations. Like Sky but not Sky (because I can't get it) and something other than a PC in the Hi-Fi rack?

Maybe in this country I seek the impossible!