What's new

Biggest Surprise TV release of 2007 (1 Viewer)

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Dear Guys:

Since we're discussing favorites and not so favorites. I thought I'd pose this question --what is the biggest surprise tv DVD release of 2007? I'm talking about "I never thought this would make it out!"

For 2006, it was that BCI released Filmation's Flash Gordon. For 2007, it would be Universal releasing both Voyagers and Galactica 1980. What was your biggest "surprise" release?

What's on your list?

James Smith

changa

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
George
My vote goes to a tv western show, which was made in 1960 and ran for 1 season (13 Episodes)-titled Tate.
As a 4 year old kid growing up around that time,I have never heard of this show before.
But I now have it as part of my tv western collection.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
For a new series--Secret World of Alex Mack. Didn't think it would ever see release since Nick's Rewind Collection was seemingly abandoned.

But overall, just like last year--gotta be the full season release of SNL.

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
Hanna Barbara's Space Ghost/Dino Boy & Birdman/Galaxy Trio Series.

Charles H

Screenwriter
Without any doubt, the release of the first two volumes of SUSPENSE (1949-1964). Also, Timeless Media's release of ARREST AND TRIAL, CHECKMATE, THE RESTLESS GUN, RIVERBOAT, etc.

Bob Hug

Screenwriter

I'll also add my vote for Charles' choices on the Timeless Media releases (simply amazing that most of these series made it to DVD given their age) and I'll add the Infinity Entertainment Group's release of the 1958-60 Charles Bronson series "Man with a Camera." Only 29 episodes for the series, but there all there on Infinity's 4-DVD set. Kudos to Timeless and Infinity for taking chances on programming from television's golden age.

Todd_W_Zimmrman

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Todd W. Zimmerman
My biggest surprise of the year was the R1 release of JASON KING, especially since it was released and DEPARTMENT S wasn't.

Don3996

Agent
Real Name
Don
My biggest surprise is Galactica 1980 honestly, even though it really was pretty bad at times...I just never expected it to come out for the extreme cheese factor. Very close second to surprise release is Silver Spoons.

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
I'd have to say Galactica 1980, Love American Style and The Mod Squad. Those are three shows that I never thought would be released. Especially Galactica 1980.

Hawaii Five-O another surprise.

The second season of Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries was a bit of a surprise.

The Paul Lynde Halloween Special was a total surprise.

Maude and Mary Hartman were welcome surprises. I just hope that they continue.

Don3996

Agent
Real Name
Don
I agree with Voyagers: The Complete Series as well, that came out of nowhere and completely blindsided me. Hadnt seen the show since I was a kid and love it today as much as I did back then

Jeff-Wooten

Stunt Coordinator
I agree with Brian: Paul Lynde and Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew were two of the biggest surprises for me. McHale's Navy sort of came out of left field too.

Biggest disappointment: LITB S3.

John Carr

Stunt Coordinator
For me there were two surprises, McHale's Navy and the BIGl surprise -- The Real McCoys! Amazing, never thought I'd see this one on DVD, after all the recent Classic TV "flops" from the big studios...

John

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharel
Recent bookmarks