What's new

All I want for Christmas..... (1 Viewer)

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
I thought it would be fun to find out what members are wanting to see Santa put under the Christmas tree this year.

Personally I would love to have:

1) iMAC
2) Denon 3808
3) Pansonic 58inch plasma
4) T Shirts
5) Donations given to my favorite charities.

Parker

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
After ten years or so (between college and living in Cambridge since '99) of me trying to wrangle my gifts onto trains and buses and get them to a small town in Maine, my family is going to be coming here for Christmas, and I'd settle for not screwing everything up. :)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I kind of want a PSP for the new Castlevania game and some others, but I'm just afraid that I'd buy those couple of games and very few others.

AllenD

Second Unit
I hope my kids like what I got them for X-mas,

and a new 1080p display and Blu-Ray DVD!

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
This is a year where I have most everything I need and reasonably want. (Love a new Plasma TV, but that's not happening.) So I'm hoping for some fun toys, like iWork 08 for my Mac, a few books and movies, and CDs.

Mostly, this year I want to have some good times with friends, family, and enjoying vacation with my wife.

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
Universal hi def player. I 'passed' on a birthday present from my wife a few months ago, wanting her to roll that in with the Christmas present (budgetary reasons), for one player. The thing is, the danged things still aren't out (at least no decent one is out yet). Sigh.

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
I'd also like a check that's big enough to pay off the new car Patrick bought in September. But I doubt I'll get one either! So I'll second DaveF's wish for good times with family and friends. The older I am the more important this seems to get. But a BlueRay/HD-DVD player would also be welcome. But I think I'll have to get one of those for myself after the first of the year.

mylan

Screenwriter
A check large enough to pay off my bills so I can at least consider getting a new toy, wanting a Denon 3808, SVS sub, and an HD-DVD player.
I wish that my family will suddenly become way less dysfunctional so that I can be together with them without wanting to slit my wrists! Believe it not, I get along better with my in-laws!

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
I would take being home with family over any toy except those that I could sell for the $1600 I would need to buy the flight ticket to go home and be with my family :D.

--
H

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
...To get back home. Right now I'm on business in Peachtree City, GA.

Really, though. My modest wish is a BR player to compliment my HD-DVD player, a 50" or so LCD or Plasma and a new receiver or pre/pro which can handle HDMI switching. Not much, just a little wish...

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I already ordered mine... a Canon EF 70-200mm f/4 L IS lens. In return, my wife is getting a new ipod nano and some diamond earrings.

I really wanted a new Sony 60-inch SXRD 1080p display, but lost out on that to new ceramic tile in our kitchen area. The lens is a nice consolation prize, though. :)

Michael Warner

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
The best Christmas gift I'm getting this year is not having to travel. We're finally staying put for once. Other than that I'm hoping for some new kitchen knives and that's about all.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation966
Recent bookmarks