What's new

Ever Find White Looking Worms In Your Coffee? (1 Viewer)

Blu

Screenwriter
I just brewed a pot of Millstone Foglifter coffee and when I went to remove the filter full of grounds there were two white looking worms about a half inch long in there.

I'm under the impression this isn't normal for this brand....is it?!?!?!

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
No. No. No. No.

I've drank coffee for most of my adult life and I've never, ever heard of what you're describing. Take it back to the store or, better yet, inform Millstone of this immediately. Ewww.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Did you happen to have the dry coffee grounds in a non-sealed container? I've had times when things like dry grits have become a nice place for larva to hatch, I'm assuming from moths.

Blu

Screenwriter
It was a brand new container, factory sealed and pre ground.
I only got it a few days ago.

James Edward

Supporting Actor
Is it somehow possible that the worms were post-Folgers? Such as in the filter, or stuck to the coffee pot itself? I've also seen little guys occasionally in old things rarely used, but half an inch is quite large...

drobbins

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
The only thing I drink with a worm in it is Tequila. You need to miss a couple days of work, go on a spending spree, then sue the company for mental distress for a few million.

JeremyErwin

Senior HTF Member
Might be a good time to clean your coffee machine.

It's never happened to me-- I suppose that's one of the joys of using a french press.

Blu

Screenwriter
Not possible with the worms being in the filters or coffee maker. I put a brand new coffee filter in there.

They were simply in the coffee grounds.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Well, I already knew coffee in most other countries (a few exceptions) to be horrible, but I never expected it to be this gross....

:laugh:

Cees

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
I hope you discovered them before you drank the coffee.

But take pictures and contact the company, I forsee a case of free coffee in your future.

KurtEP

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kurt
As my grandfather would have said, they haven't been eating anything but coffee. Not that I espouse that view, but it's something.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

That isn't "normal" for any brand of coffee - or tea, or any similar drink. Coffee is a beverage derived from a plant - the rule of thumb for this sort of thing is that there should be no small critters involved. :)

Regards,

Joe

Blu

Screenwriter

No, they didn't look like any of these. They are skinny, thin, white and about a half inch long.
I wish I had a camera to snap a pic of them.

Users who are viewing this thread