What's new

A-Team: Double Sided Disks, Any Problems? (1 Viewer)

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
I'm debating on whether to order all five sets of the A-Team and I'm wondering if anyone has had any problems with skipping on any of the disks. While I loathe these type of disks I've been debating on whether or not to buy these sets since I've nearly got my library completely filled up.

Robbie^Blackmon

Second Unit
No problems here, though I must admit I was worried that each set would have something wrong! I had excellent luck with the A-Team sets... dreadful luck with Quantum Leap. I kept having to return the "Leaps" because the disc hubs were cracked or shattered right out of the box!

Dean C

Second Unit
Real Name
Dean
I am waiting on a complete series set of this. I traded in season 1 of Miami Vice, Magnum PI, Knight Rider and this cause of all double sided.

Miami Vice came out with a complete series set and s1 and 2 came with single sided discs'

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
I didn't know that about Miami Vice, I take it they were originally double sided? Must sell Magnum and A-Team and Airwolf then.

Dean C

Second Unit
Real Name
Dean
Well if you buy the complete Miami Vice set all the seasons like I did. Season 1 and 2 are all single sided discs.

They did that on another set like Miami Vice. As to why I sold my Miami Vice to get the complete series.

Season 1 Miami Vice is now 6 discs instead of 3 double sided. Same with season 2.

Firebee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan

Yeah, I had problems with pixelation and unplayability with the S2 set that I had to return to exchange for new discs, noticed a similar unplayable episode on the S3 set Disc 1 Side B ``Showdown!'' that wouldn't work on my PlayStation2 Slim. I played that same episode, errant disc and all, on my new PS3. It worked just fine. Maybe the laser and other gizmos in this DVD player are just better than the one in the PS2. Be warned tho, that the flippers may give you problems on the earlier season sets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks