-

Photo
- - - - -

A-Team: Double Sided Disks, Any Problems?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   Mark Talmadge

Mark Talmadge

Screenwriter

• 2,379 posts

Posted December 08 2007 - 11:30 AM

I'm debating on whether to order all five sets of the A-Team and I'm wondering if anyone has had any problems with skipping on any of the disks. While I loathe these type of disks I've been debating on whether or not to buy these sets since I've nearly got my library completely filled up.

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   Robbie^Blackmon

Robbie^Blackmon

Stunt Coordinator

• 92 posts

Posted December 08 2007 - 11:58 AM

No problems here, though I must admit I was worried that each set would have something wrong! I had excellent luck with the A-Team sets... dreadful luck with Quantum Leap. I kept having to return the "Leaps" because the disc hubs were cracked or shattered right out of the box!
"A jerk with a quirk may do the work. Or,
a turk with a dirk may stick a clerk!"
-Shemp Howard in "Blunder Boys"

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   Dean C

Dean C

Second Unit

• 361 posts

Posted December 08 2007 - 01:28 PM

I am waiting on a complete series set of this. I traded in season 1 of Miami Vice, Magnum PI, Knight Rider and this cause of all double sided.

Miami Vice came out with a complete series set and s1 and 2 came with single sided discs'

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   Tory

Tory

Screenwriter

• 1,316 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted December 08 2007 - 01:42 PM

I didn't know that about Miami Vice, I take it they were originally double sided? Must sell Magnum and A-Team and Airwolf then.
Hungry enough to eat a turnip and call it a turkey.

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   Dean C

Dean C

Second Unit

• 361 posts

Posted December 08 2007 - 02:04 PM

Well if you buy the complete Miami Vice set all the seasons like I did. Season 1 and 2 are all single sided discs.

They did that on another set like Miami Vice. As to why I sold my Miami Vice to get the complete series.

Season 1 Miami Vice is now 6 discs instead of 3 double sided. Same with season 2.

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   Firebee

Firebee

Supporting Actor

• 759 posts

Posted December 09 2007 - 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Talmadge
I'm debating on whether to order all five sets of the A-Team and I'm wondering if anyone has had any problems with skipping on any of the disks. While I loathe these type of disks I've been debating on whether or not to buy these sets since I've nearly got my library completely filled up.

Yeah, I had problems with pixelation and unplayability with the S2 set that I had to return to exchange for new discs, noticed a similar unplayable episode on the S3 set Disc 1 Side B ``Showdown!'' that wouldn't work on my PlayStation2 Slim. I played that same episode, errant disc and all, on my new PS3. It worked just fine. Maybe the laser and other gizmos in this DVD player are just better than the one in the PS2. Be warned tho, that the flippers may give you problems on the earlier season sets.

I also have not enough time to watch all of these DVDS:

http://www.invelos.c....aspx/fire26bee