-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Question about Fox Studio Classics Packages

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 Jon Hertzberg

Jon Hertzberg

Screenwriter

• 1,462 posts

Posted December 06 2007 - 05:16 PM

I'm thinking of picking up the Best Picture Collection as part of the Fox/MGM "Buy 1, Get 1 Free" sale at DD and DVD Planet so that I can finally pick up Sunrise. However, I already own All About Eve and How Green Was My Valley and would like to unload these. Do the individual movies come shrink-wrapped or is it only the outside box which is wrapped? If the discs are individually wrapped then I can easily exchange the unwanted ones at a B&M for store credit.

#2 of 7 Richard--W

Richard--W

Producer

• 3,527 posts

Posted December 07 2007 - 08:22 AM

CostCo is also selling these bundles, for $11.
The DVD's are individually shrinkwrapped, and then shrinkwrapped again to bundle them.
For the price of one, you get three.

#3 of 7 Tim Tucker

Tim Tucker

Screenwriter

• 1,023 posts

Posted December 07 2007 - 08:41 AM

Unfortunately, Sunrise is not among the titles included in these bundles. However, it's a boon to someone who wants to build a collection.
BARBARA WRIGHT: You're from Earth?
MORTON DILL: No... no, ma'am, I... I'm from Alabama.
Doctor Who: Flight Through Eternity

#4 of 7 Jon Hertzberg

Jon Hertzberg

Screenwriter

• 1,462 posts

Posted December 07 2007 - 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard--W
CostCo is also selling these bundles, for $11.
The DVD's are individually shrinkwrapped, and then shrinkwrapped again to bundle them.
For the price of one, you get three.

Thanks for the note. I understand that the Costco bundles don't have Sunrise, but are the bundles akin to this one, in appearance, at least?:

Best Picture Collection

I'd like to know if this Best Picture set also has the titles individually-wrapped. There were a bunch of posts on these sets a few years back, when they were new, but I can find no conclusive answers about the packaging.

#5 of 7 Richard--W

Richard--W

Producer

• 3,527 posts

Posted December 07 2007 - 10:07 AM

No, that looks like a box-set.

The bundles at CostCo are simply three DVD's shrinkwrapped together with a title card over the bottom half of the bundle. I don't know if they're selling Sunrise or not.

#6 of 7 MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti

Producer

• 4,796 posts

Posted December 07 2007 - 11:35 AM

I have a feeling that a number of the entries in this series will (and have already started) to be revisited in the newer Cinema Classics Collection. I'm sure we'll see more in future. It's too bad Fox didn't put more effort into them the first time around by offering more relevant film extras and better packaging, etc.

#7 of 7 FranklinC

FranklinC

Stunt Coordinator

• 153 posts

Posted December 07 2007 - 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Hertzberg
Thanks for the note. I understand that the Costco bundles don't have Sunrise, but are the bundles akin to this one, in appearance, at least?:

Best Picture Collection

I'd like to know if this Best Picture set also has the titles individually-wrapped. There were a bunch of posts on these sets a few years back, when they were new, but I can find no conclusive answers about the packaging.

I own this set and, no, the titles are not individually wrapped within the outer plastic box. Great set, though. I picked it up for 16 bucks at Costco about a year ago.

Forum Nav Content I Follow