Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Oblivian gates

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   Gary Shipley

Gary Shipley

Second Unit

• 281 posts

Posted December 03 2007 - 03:25 AM

Hey, it's me again! With yet another Oblivian question. Do you need to close every Oblivian gate, or just the ones close to the towns prior to going the big gate for the final battle? When the big one is finally closed, will that shut down the rest that are out there? I've closed each one outside of each city to get aid for Bruma, but see lots popping up here and there.
Gary Shipley

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   Don Giro

Don Giro

Supporting Actor

• 820 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted December 04 2007 - 11:29 PM

When I started playing Oblivion way back when, I was under the impression that there were 12 Oblivion gates that needed to be closed. I haven't bothered with the main quest for quite a while, I just enjoy walking around and "happening" upon forts and caves and whatnot. It dawned on me that I have closed WAY more than 12 Oblivion gates.

I found a GREAT map a few months back that showed the location of EVERY landmark in the game (I'll post the link if I can find it again), and it turns out there are like 96 Oblivion gates throughout the game (and most of them are laid out almost exactly alike...and get VERY boring after a while).

I believe there are 12 PARTICULAR Oblivion gates which must be closed in order to complete the main quest, but I have no idea WHICH particular gates.

Hope I've been of some slight help.
When she embraces, your heart turns to stone
She comes at night, when you're all alone
And when she whispers, your blood shall run cold
You'd better hide before she finds you...

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   Gary Shipley

Gary Shipley

Second Unit

• 281 posts

Posted December 05 2007 - 12:39 AM

Thanks Don. Thats why I was asking. I don't really want to close 96 gates!! And you are right, it does get boring after awhile. I just did'nt want to close all of them if I did'nt have to. I'd like to finish the main quest and then do as you said, travel around and happen upon things. Once again, thanks for your input.
Gary Shipley

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   Don Giro

Don Giro

Supporting Actor

• 820 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted December 05 2007 - 04:30 AM

Glad I could help. Here's the link to that sweet map I mentioned. It's a 2MB+ JPEG, so it may take a little time to display, but it's well worth it.

http://faqs.ign.com/...3/703865p1.html

The map explains that there are actually 9 important gates, and 91 others that MAY open when you near them.
When she embraces, your heart turns to stone
She comes at night, when you're all alone
And when she whispers, your blood shall run cold
You'd better hide before she finds you...

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   Gary Shipley

Gary Shipley

Second Unit

• 281 posts

Posted December 05 2007 - 05:25 AM

Thanks for the info and taking the time to find the link Don. I really appreciate it.
Gary Shipley