What's new

Ironside SEASON 3 (1 Viewer)

70sTVlover

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Nick
Anyone have any news on Ironside season 3 for release or even how well season 2 sold... Hopefully we'll see an announcement soon

Hank Dearborn

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Hank
Unless you are posting info that something is being released, you might want to put a question mark in your header.

BobSchneider

Second Unit
Not so far theres nothing on shouts! website yet nor have I recevied a email from tvshowsondvd.com yet about the thrid season release, I got my season two set online from DDD but Ive seen it for sale at Target and BB.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
SHOUT!'s Brian Ward posted this on their message board when queried about the prospects about more post S2 Ironside:

While not a promise of more sets it is clear that as long as sales warrant SHOUT! is committed to continuing this series. Being an independent their sales expectations are lower than that of a major studio and given the low (under $30) price that deepdiscountdvd.com was selling this for as a pre-order I would hope sales were decent. Since S2 came out not that long ago it is still too soon to be looking for a S3 announcement.

This show has been a delight to watch on DVD. It had been so long since I've seen these episodes that I've immensely enjoyed being reacquainted with it. I just finished Season 2 yesterday and am already hungry for more. These episodes hold up quite well from an entertainment standpoint and the main cast works very well together. Burr is the star but the others are given ample time to shine in their own right.

Hank Dearborn

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Hank
Silly question but why on earth would you put someone 30 years old in charge of DVD releases of shows that aired before the person was ever born. Makes about as much sense as putting a 50 year old in as an A&R rep at a rap music label.

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey

If the 30 year old guy likes the show and is willing to put in the time to make sure the episodes are complete and the transfers top notch that's what counts. I want a TV fiend signing off on these DVDs and not some guy who has the "we don't allow TV in our house" merely going with market research numbers.

And if a 50 year old guy knows what makes rap music work, let him sign those acts. Rather him than a 24 year old trust fund baby that just wants to party like its his birthday.

It's when you get people who have zero passion for the job and are only there to figure out how to go cheap and scurry up the corporate ladder, that I get upset.

I'm still waiting on Shout! Factory to get out the last two seasons of That Girl! Must have more sightings of the Impeccable Hair of Ted Bessell.

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
I'm from the mid-60s, and I know many younger people who like 60s/70s shows, that actually makes me feel really good. Means the qualities of these shows have survived the test of time.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Age is irrelevant and is a very short sided measure of ability in this field or any other. I've worked with very young individuals who are go getters and veryhard workers and some veterans who checked out mentally years ago and are just collecting paychecks. The converse is also true. It depends on the person.

I have a lot of respect for what Brian Ward and his team at Shout! have done with their releases. More power to them. I hope Mr. Ward oversees the release of the remaining 6 seasons of IRONSIDE plus the reunion movie.

Steve

70sTVlover

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Nick
From Shout Factory forum:

No plans for season three just yet, but season two was released just not too long ago. We like to keep about a few months in between releases of the same franchise. That said, we have no dates lined up. But don't count it out entirely.

Brian

Dont know if that is good news or bad news

jamoon2006

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jack Mooney
I think the fact that we've already had two releases this year and that Season 2 was only released a few months ago is a good sign. My guess is that Shout! will have an announcement in early 2008. People were panicked that we'd never see Season 5 of The Rockford Files either, but that has been announced.

BobSchneider

Second Unit
sadly I think Ironside s3 is dead ,atleast that was b ward is know saying on their web site. He claims shout can not justify the expense due to poor sales of s1 and s2:frowning:. Whats f'd up about that is shout retail presents is a joke I had NO choice to order both Ironside S1 and S2 online, their target demo for Ironside does little online buying (ie amazon , DDD and others) plus no CC they killed off almost 60% of there sales to shouts target demo for the set. For s1 and s2 I went to six different retail outlets to find Ironside s1 and s2 and no go, I live in So California if none of the major retailer had Ironside s1 or s2 image elsewhere? And there most recent classic release Adam 12 again here in so California zero and mean ZERO retail distribution of it in So California:frowning:. Shouts a joke of a company with zero commitment to series completion and adam 12 s2 is the last dvd set or cd I will every buy from them. Im sorry but their living down to there scum of the earth posts other frustrated collectors have left here and other sites. No more of my $$$$$$ shout bye bye.:angry::thumbsdown::frowning::angry::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::angry:

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Unfortunately, there could be a number of reasons why it's not coming out other than the most obvious one: sales.

Keep in mind the Universal fire from several months ago may have destroyed the existing telecine masters, requiring new ones to be made at great cost (especially with their in-house costs).

Shout! Factory's retail presence is lackluster, and the economy will not make it better, if Circuit City's bankruptcy is any indication. And with baby boomers putting off retirement, I am pessimistic about the retail market for any DVDs, especially TV shows.

BobSchneider

Second Unit
Normally I agree but B ward on Shouts! forum says it sales. What really sucks is it obivous to anyone shout work on the Australian release of Ironside s3 packaging , menus and lack of CC all are common trades of a Shout! dvd set , so the captures are out there it just shout for some wierd reason shout doesnt want to do a US release? What are they angry Hollywierd Left wing nutters that want to punish US ? :confused: .All I know is until Shout pickups Ironside again I not buying anything from Shout. BOOOOOOOOOOOOO!:angry::thumbsdown::angry:

jamoon2006

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jack Mooney
I'd be disappointed if Shout! elects to pass on future Ironside seasons...I blind bought Season 1 and enjoyed it so much I picked up Season 2. With respect to availability, I guess it just depends on region of the country. In my neck of the woods, Borders, B&N, Best Buy and Circuit City all have (or have had) at least one of the two seasons on sale at any given time.

Brent Avery

Supporting Actor
Since I have an All Region dvd player I will definitely look into buying the Australian release in the near future. Despite the added cost if Shout! decides against any further seasons here than hopefully the rest of the series ( 8 seasons I believe?) will eventually make it onto dvd.

BobSchneider

Second Unit

hmmm yeah , for season 1 I went to Nine different retail store here in So Califorina LA county and the closest I got was the 2 hour pilot episode package at a Walmart in aZusa ca for 29.95. And here borders and B&N prices were so insane I would not have bought s1 there (usually there 20.00 to 30.00 over msrp dvd sets back then and they wonder why there going bankrupt). Shouts retail presents in major retail markets is a joke and there advertising worse. And they wonder why they have poor sales?:thumbsdown:

BobSchneider

Second Unit

Yes Im giving serious consideration to buy Ironside s3 , ive got a phillips dvd player that is is region free if you punch in a code. If I can keep the set and shipping under 65.00 usd I might go for the australian release.

Real Name
Håkan Andersson
Isn't the terrible cover of season 1 & 2 one further explanation to why people won't by this? I don't understand why a company that (more than the big ones) rely upon good sales can produce a cover that's impossible to like.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks