What's new

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (1 Viewer)

Graham Perks

Second Unit
What an excellent game! I had just started on Oblivion but this game has postponed any further adventuring.

I really didn't care for the demo (found the controls hard) but it turns out that's the 3rd "chapter" in the Uncharted tale. In a t-day sale I picked up this title and it's turned out to be an excellent game. The early chapters teach you the controls and so now it's no problem.

The graphics are sumptuous, the platforming is fun, and the combat - while it could be easier - I'm getting the hang of.

The plot and acting are so far excellent.

Definitely recommended (PS3).

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I didn't think the controls were that tough, although it took a couple of run-throughs of the demo to get the hang of it.

The graphics are really spectacular.

The Gamespot review complained that the combat is really tough and the platforming is really easy, but IMO that's exactly the way it should be. Does anyone really *enjoy* lining up difficult jumps and climbs in a game like this? :) In the demo at least, the toughest part of combat is trying to collect that scarce ammo from dead enemies while their buddies are still blasting away at you.

If I'm going to face multiple attempts at getting through a tough section, I would much rather it involve running around and shooting at baddies than nudging my character around the edge of a platform.

Fredster

Stunt Coordinator
I just finished this on "normal" difficulty. It's a fun game and it looks and sounds great. The game flows so nicely that you find yourself playing for much longer than you planned. Not sure if there's too much replay value (other than doing the fun stuff all over again) but I've started a new game on "hard".

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
I was doing fine until I hit the "TO THE TOWER" chapter. At the end there is a lot of leaping and jumping to the left in a tower. I can't get past the last two jumps (the last one goes up some stairs). It must be a timing issue. I guess I'll have to wait till my son comes to visit this weekend.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
A pretty good game, but I think the TOMB RAIDER series still beats it in terms of traps and puzzle solving. This one relies a lot on shooting your way out of the situation. It's pretty good, but I still prefer these types of games to have more puzzle solving and trap avoidance.

Fredster

Stunt Coordinator
I agree you Edwin about all of the shooting. Yes, it's a challenge but there are so many gun battles the game seems a bit unbalanced. A TOMB RAIDER that looks and plays as good as Drake's would be great.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Finished!!!
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif
But I somehow only got 53 of the 60 treasures, and no "secret relic." :angry: Maybe I'll restart on hard. (More likely I'll dig up a walkthrough just to see which levels I need to replay to get those last 8 treasures! ;) )

Incidentally, the bonus behind-the-scenes movies were really interesting.

Jefferson Morris

Supporting Actor
I'm definitely onboard for the sequel. Personally I'd like to see somewhat more involved platforming this time around.

--Jefferson Morris

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Gamestop is having a buy 2 get 1 free sale this weekend, and I'm picking up this game, so I can be ready for the sequel.

Hearing all good things about this game, I figured it's time to start this game.
And the fact that trophies were added.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I picked this up today, haven't played it yet. I went to GameStop and bought 6 games today (MadWorld, House of the Dead: Overkill, and Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles for Wii and Uncharted, Far Cry 2, and SW: Force Unleashed for PS3). Total was $158 (I signed up for that card that gets 10% on used games). That's like $26 per game, and all of them came out in the last year and a half or so. Stellar.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I loves me some GameStop buy-2-get-1-free sales! Didn't take advantage this time around since I have too many unplayed games, but a year ago when my family was out of the country visiting the in-laws and I only had a couple of PS3 titles, I think I bought 12 games in a single b2g1.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks