-

Photo

Any GOOD Cyber Monday Deals?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 of 9 todbnla

todbnla

Screenwriter

• 1,521 posts
  • Location39466

Posted November 26 2007 - 01:48 AM

If so, post them here!
Regards,
Todd

My Blue-Ray & SD DVD's

Current HT setup: Vizio E601-A3 60" Led display, Pioneer VSX-521-k, Panasonic DMP-BDT320 Integrated Wi-Fi 3D Blu-ray DVD Player, SVS 2531PCi sub, Polk R30 mains, Polk CS125 center, Polk R15 x4 rears

#2 of 9 Chris S

Chris S

Screenwriter

• 2,522 posts

Posted November 26 2007 - 04:10 AM

Amazon has the complete Buffy boxset (40 discs) for only $94.99 which is 53% off retail.
DVD & Blu-ray - It's all about the movies!

#3 of 9 Regulus

Regulus

Screenwriter

• 2,222 posts

Posted November 26 2007 - 04:51 AM

Nothing for me to get off on! I have the racks pretty well Picked Clean! Posted Image

DVD Collection Inventory: TV Episodes - 36,333 :biggrin: ( 746 Series ) :biggrin: Movies - 2,395   :B)   Serial Chapters - 1,201 :B)

#4 of 9 James_Kiang

James_Kiang

Screenwriter

• 1,169 posts

Posted November 26 2007 - 06:40 AM

I have to say, there were some pretty good Black Friday deals (even if I could not take advantage of them) but from what I have seen of Cyber Monday, there just isn't much exciting me.

#5 of 9 TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 21,779 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted November 26 2007 - 08:06 AM

Cyber Monday? I've heard alot of dumb nicknames that stores have made up for sales but that ranks at the top. Posted Image

#6 of 9 todbnla

todbnla

Screenwriter

• 1,521 posts
  • Location39466

Posted November 26 2007 - 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisR
Cyber Monday? I've heard alot of dumb nicknames that stores have made up for sales but that ranks at the top. Posted Image
From Wiki:

The term Cyber Monday refers to the Monday immediately following Black Friday, the ceremonial kick-off of the holiday online shopping season in the United States between Thanksgiving Day and Christmas. [1] Whereas Black Friday is associated with traditional brick-and-mortar stores, "Cyber Monday" symbolizes a busy day for online retailers. The premise was that consumers would return to their offices after the Black Friday weekend, making purchases online that they were not able to make in stores. Although that idea has not survived the test of time, Cyber Monday has evolved into a significant marketing event, sponsored by the National Retail Federation's Shop.org division, in which online retailers offer low prices and promotions.

Contents [hide]
1 Origin of term
2 Accuracy
3 Criticism
4 Website
5 See also
6 References
7 External links

Origin of term
The term "Cyber Monday" is a neologism invented by Shop.org, part of the U.S. trade association National Retail Federation.[2]. It was first used within the ecommerce community during the 2005 holiday season. According to Scott Silverman, the head of Shop.org, the term was coined based on research showing that 77% of online retailers reported a significant increase in sales on the Monday after Thanksgiving in 2004.[3]

Accuracy
In late November 2005, ComScore Networks, an e-commerce tracking firm, reported that online spending on Cyber Monday, excluding travel, was $485 million, a 26 percent increase from a year earlier. Total visits to shopping sites increased by 35 percent compared to a year earlier, according to Akamai Technologies.[4] In late 2005, after the holidays, ecommerce sites reported that the busiest shopping days usually were between December 5-15 in a given year.[2] For 2005, the year the term Cyber Monday was coined, the busiest online shopping day of the year in the U.S. was actually December 12, two weeks after "Cyber Monday".[5] Shop.org's survey of its members found that their busiest day in 2005 was December 12.[6] MasterCard's worldwide (not just U.S.) data for 2005 showed that the day with the highest amount of Web transactions processed was December 5.[6] In November 2006, prior to the holidays, MasterCard reported that an online survey it had commissioned found that only 10 percent of Americans said they would shop on the Web on Cyber Monday.[6]
Regards,
Todd

My Blue-Ray & SD DVD's

Current HT setup: Vizio E601-A3 60" Led display, Pioneer VSX-521-k, Panasonic DMP-BDT320 Integrated Wi-Fi 3D Blu-ray DVD Player, SVS 2531PCi sub, Polk R30 mains, Polk CS125 center, Polk R15 x4 rears

#7 of 9 Barry_B_B

Barry_B_B

Second Unit

• 453 posts

Posted November 27 2007 - 01:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisR

Then you'll love this: according to eBay, Cyber Monday isn't the biggest online shopping day; that would be the second Monday in December... "Green Monday" Posted Image

#8 of 9 Jerome Grate

Jerome Grate

Screenwriter

• 2,933 posts

Posted November 30 2007 - 03:13 AM

According to some news reports on radio and t.v., Cyber Monday was not as big because the sales started earlier with the hope of getting the shoppers out in force in duration. Looks like that to me because there aren't really any eyepoping deals out there. I have to admit Black Friday was a really good one especially if you were in the market for a T.V.
Listen Up People.., Rack Em and Pack Em.., We're Phantoms in 15.

#9 of 9 Regulus

Regulus

Screenwriter

• 2,222 posts

Posted November 30 2007 - 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerome Grate
I have to admit Black Friday was a really good one especially if you were in the market for a T.V.

Posted Image Tell me about it!Posted Image

DVD Collection Inventory: TV Episodes - 36,333 :biggrin: ( 746 Series ) :biggrin: Movies - 2,395   :B)   Serial Chapters - 1,201 :B)

Forum Nav Content I Follow