What's new

Quick Draw McGraw and Wally Gator show (1 Viewer)

Greg Chenoweth

Supporting Actor
The music cues for Quick Draw McGraw have made it too expensive to release on DVD at this time. There is a lot of restoration work that needs to be done on the Wally Gator cartoons and it looks like it will not be released either.

The rest of the Huckleberry Hound cartoons have not been given the green light because the first box set sold poorly, as well as the single disc release that came out last year. The single disc release was exactly the same as the first disc of the box set.

If the rest of the Huck cartoons are not going to be released at this time, then it is not likely that Ruff and Reddy will be released either.

I am a huge Huckleberry Hound fan and I would love to see the rest of the cartoons released. I would also like to see Ruff and Reddy, Quick Draw and Wally make it on DVD as well. However, since neither Huck, Yogi or Magilla Gorilla sold well, there is little chance at this time that the rest of the early H-B cartoons, including Peter Potamus, will come to DVD.

I am really hoping that Warner Home Video will prove me wrong.

Hank Dearborn

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Hank
So, bad news across the board. And my stupid cable company doesn't give me Boomerang so I can't even record them from there.

Why would the music cues be an issue for this show as opposed to any other cartoon or series from that era?

Greg Chenoweth

Supporting Actor
I don't understand all of it but from what I do know that it has to do with the music and effects library that was used. It was different than what Huck, Yogi and Ruff & Reddy used in their series.

The best thing that Warner Brothers could do is to either syndicate the cartoons or put them out for other cable companies to use. They did this recently with "Batman: The Animated Series", "Superman: The Animated Series" and "Pinky and the Brain. They are now on Toon Disney and doing quite well from what I read on the Internet. They are losing the audience for these characters by keeping them only on Boomerang

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks