What's new

Officially format neutral today (1 Viewer)

Stephen Orr

Screenwriter
Just ordered the Sony BDP-S300 with 10 (!) free movies, 5 of which will come with the machine! Read a lot of sites and see that as long as the firmware is up to date, it's a very decent machine. Adding this to the Toshiba HD A2 I bought at the beginning of the month.

Peter Overduin

Supporting Actor
Ditto...bought the HDA1 last October 2006; bought the Sharp BD player today...got 3 free HD movies with the A1 and looking forward to my 5 free BD movies with the Sharp!

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
So, congrats to you too, Peter. :)

(I myself am waiting for the Samsung combo player, assuming it will be there in Jan 2008 and specs and price are about right).

Cees

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
Welcome to the club. I hope others join us. It's great to not be a format fanboy hoping your format will end up winning. It's all about the movies and both formats bring me the great quality and much pleasure.

bigluigi

Second Unit
Real Name
Louis Primeau
I like those Panasonic players-got such good reviews-but still way more than I wish to pay *sigh*

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
It's a great feeling to be neutral.

You'll be very happy with Blu-ray.

Welcome to the club!

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
As one of the original HTF members of the Format Neutral Club, I welcome you.:)

Crawdaddy

Stephen Orr

Screenwriter
Wow! I've been a member of this forum for almost 9 years, and I think this is the first time Ron, Cees, and Robert have every all chimed in on a thread I started. I am honored!

Stephen Orr

Screenwriter
Yee-Haw! Christmas comes early to my house today! My Sony BDP-S300 is on the UPS truck for delivery (along with a 1TB WD MyBook from Newegg!).

Bill Crosthwait

Second Unit
I am offically format neutral today as well! Im a proud owner of the HD-A35 and I picked up a Samsung BR-1400 for $200 from my boss. His loss my gain!!

Now I need to pick up so good Blu-ray titles!!

PaulDA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
I'm jealous. :laugh: Seriously though, I plan to join the "neutral zone" sometime next year. I was originally waiting for a dual format player but the deals on HD DVD players were too good to let pass. I survived being DVD-A only for about a year before adding SACD, so I think I can survive this wait as well. But congrats to those who are already there.

Mark_TB

Second Unit
May I join the club? I already had the A2 and just picked up the new Panasonic BD-30. It is a great feeling not having to worry about a title being available in one format or the other.

Mark

Craig Beam

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CraB
Count me in as well.... I've got both the Toshiba HD-A3 and the Sony BDP-S300. Over the past two weeks I've accumulated 20 movies already!

12 Monkeys (HD-DVD)
300 (HD-DVD)
2001: A Space Odyssey (Blu-Ray)
The Bourne Identity (HD-DVD)
The Bourne Supremacy (HD-DVD)
Casablanca (HD-DVD)
A Christmas Story (Blu-Ray)
Close Encounters of the Third Kind (Blu-Ray)
Die Hard Collection (Blu-Ray)
The Fifth Element (Blu-Ray)
The Fountain (Blu-Ray)
House of Flying Daggers (Blu-Ray)
The Ultimate Matrix Collection (HD-DVD)
Spider-Man 3 (Blu-Ray)
Total Recall (Blu-Ray)

I've gotta stop.... but damn, it's like a drug. :D

don monteith

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Don Monteith
I have been format neutral from the beginning and yes it is a nice feeling being able to buy what you want. I just got my mom to go with the Sony BDP-S300 to go along with her new 40 inch plasma. She doesn't know anything about it except that she loves it. I am also working on my sister to get the HD DVD player for their XBox 360.

2 more converted and just 3 Billion left to go!!!
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif

Joe Fisher

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joseph E Fisher

2,999,999,999 to go as I just got a Panasonic Blu-Ray DMP-BD30K and will have Toshiba HD-A3 by the end of the week.

Just watched Enter the Dragon on Blu-Ray and all I have to say is............:D :D :D

My SD edition is now a beer coaster.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
I have been format neutral for awhile now as I purchsed my HD-A1 a little over a year ago. And I purchased my Sony BDP-S300 back around August 31st. And have been enjoying both formats ever since. I now purchase every title I can in HD and buy very few SD-DVD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks