What's new

HD DVD Import at Best Buy? (1 Viewer)

JeremyR

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeremy
I trotted into Best Buy the other day and was scanning the HD DVD titles and noticed one of the "Bourne Supremacy" titles looked different. I pulled it out of it's slot and the cover was completely different then the rest of teh Supremacy copies, as well as costing only $17.99 as opposed to the other copies costing $24.99. It appears after I have played the HD DVD, that it might be French. How strange is that? Does that typically happen? And then for it to be a full $7 cheaper than the other copies.

The menu's are in english, it's just that the copyright warning seems to be in French (at least that's what my wife says the language is). And it defaults English language for the dialogue

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I've seen imported DVDs show up occasionally at Best Buy. I got a Roxy Music concert DVD for $8.99 that appeared to be identical to the domestic release, which cost much more. I've also seen some Brazillian concert DVDs there.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
I purchased Battlestar Galactica Season 1 on DVD that was an import. The only thing I really hated was I did not view all the discs right away. So by the time I got to the last disc and found a defective disc. The domestic version was out and they had stopped stoking the import. So when I tried to get the disc exchanged Best Buys would not exchange it! :angry: It seems like a battle when ever I shop at Best Buys I hate that store! :angry:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks