What's new

Amazon customer vote hot deal on HD/BR players (1 Viewer)

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
I don't like the results so far. :) The Toshiba is winning, but geez, how many people have already bought cheap A2's and A3's with the recent Walmart and BB deals? I need a cheap BD player!

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the link. So far I voted for the Wii, Panasonic HD Camcorder, My First Computer, HD Tivo, Laptop, Samsung 1080p LCD.

I would have voted for the BluRay player instead of the TiVO if I hadn't scored an 80GB PS3 today for $280 through a friend.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Voting FAQ, scroll down a little to see the runner-up pricing in case your selection doesn't win the vote, but voters might still get offered the voted on item at the higher price. I don't think I'd bite on any of the runner-up priced items.

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
It sounds like the random choices are already made by the time the day comes, and it doesn't matter what time you actually check in on that day to see if you got an offer?
It sounded on another forum that you had to start clicking at 12 a.m. to have a chance before all the offers got "taken".

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
It sounds like some combination -- it definitely states that random voters will be selected to get the deals, but it also says to check in early because the deals only run for "a limited time," whatever that means.

Honestly, out of all that stuff -- I hope I can get the Roomba. :) It appears from the reviews that those things actually work now, and that would get me all sorts of brownie points with the Mrs.

Of course, if they offer me a $79 Wii I'll take it. . .

I was thinking the same thing! :)

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I wonder whether the "Runner-Up" price will apply to both losing products in each set, or just the 2nd-place finisher. It's a tight race between that mixer and the Roomba (which I'd probably still get for $120).

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman

Either they changed the wording or I misread it -- now it says to check *out* quickly. So it sounds like it works like the Gold Box deals, in that you have a limited amount of time from the time you first go to the page to make the purchase (if they offer you the deal).

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
Like i have a snowballs chance. I damn near forgot about this thing anyway...watch me forget when i have a load of turkey in my gut.

Echo 7

Agent
Real Name
Carlos A. Burgos

Ricker...

lol's!!! Any how I too hope we are able to get the PS3 or the Blue ray player.
I bought an A3 HD DVD for $179.00 from Sears!! Now..how does this work at 12:01 am ??? Any one with hard core facts ??? And Ricker you are hysterical!!

Regards

Echo 7

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
Not a thing. Some of the things i picked were not even a winner...but i still didnt get an offer to buy!

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
Same here. I even voted for the Kitchen-Aid and didn't didn't get picked. Figured I'd have a good chance at that one.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
The Kitchen Aid mixer isn't until tomorrow.

Still got my fingers crossed for that Roomba! (I'm afraid to check whether I get offered the GPS that I don't need today, in case that affects whether I get offered that last useful item tomorrow. ;) )

Users who are viewing this thread