What's new

Onkyo SR605 Zone 2 Standby Problem (1 Viewer)

steveinsocal

Auditioning
Real Name
steve
I've had an Onkyo TX-SR605 for 1 month working with no problems. I few days ago while listening to both zones from the same source Zone 2 cut out and switched to standby. Now whenever I try to turn on zone 2 it automatically switches to standby and I get no sound at all from zone 2. Zone 1 continues to work fine.

Over the past few days I've called Onkyo 5 times and been left on hold for 30-50 min before giving up. I spoke to one of their authorized service reps in my area but he wasnt familiar with my particular problem. He did tell me that getting someone at Onkyos corporate service center is next to impossible and since my receiver is only a month old I should just return it. This seems like a ridculous solution to what may be a simple problem for a reciever that I otherisw like very much. But I now so hate Onkyo as a company that i'm prepared to return it and buy something from anyone else.

If anyone here can help I would be very appreciative.

tHanks

wolfe12437

Auditioning
Real Name
Robert
I just ran into a similar problem with my Onkyo SR605. I seemed to 'fix' it by doing a receiver reset to put it back to factory settings. Maybe this will help with your issue.

See Troubleshooting pg 94 on upper left. Turn receiver on, I had to set it to an non-functioning channel, then help down the VCR/DVD button and then pressed the standby/on button. Clear appeared on the receiver display. The always-in-standby mode is gone now. Of course, when it might re appear is anyones guess. Do you use HDMI? I noted on some web page that the 605 implemented some integration with other components via HDMI. Am wondering, since my DVD uses HDMI as does my connection to the TV and the PC as well, are these problems a symptom of an HDMI programming bug?

If you google onkyo firmware upgrade SR605 - you will see there is a firmware upgrade available but the description doesn't look like the patch addresses these standby issues. I plan to check back to see if they mention my issue in a future upgrade. Good Luck

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation199
Recent bookmarks