Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Immagine in Cornice

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 RonR

RonR

Stunt Coordinator

• 199 posts

Posted November 08 2007 - 01:44 PM

Wondering if any Pearl Jam fans picked this up I believe it came out at the end of September.

How is the A/V side of it also, thanks!

#2 of 4 soop.spoon

soop.spoon

Supporting Actor

• 760 posts

Posted November 09 2007 - 02:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonR
Wondering if any Pearl Jam fans picked this up I believe it came out at the end of September.

How is the A/V side of it also, thanks!

Let me preface this by saying that I'm a HUGE fan. I've seen them live about a dozen times, own all the legal boots, etc. I consider Single Video Theory to be one of the best music DVDs ever released.

but...

I ordered it through the Ten Club. Maybe I wasn't in the right mood, but I found it to be extremely boring. The song selection is atrocious and any momentum built up in the performances is shattered by artsy montages of Italian streets and locations. The "interviews" with the band aren't particularly eye-opening or interesting.

The DVD quality is good... the image varies based on the type of film or video each section was filmed on. The audio is excellent. The case is beautiful, it's like a small book (similar to the case of the Avacado album).

It's probably worth a rental, but I would recommend Touring Band 2000 or Live At The Garden much more. You won't get as much behind-the-scenes stuff, but the music and performances are much, much better.

#3 of 4 RonR

RonR

Stunt Coordinator

• 199 posts

Posted November 10 2007 - 12:53 AM

Thanks I may hold off until I can rent it then. I have Live at the Garden and I absolutely love it..makes me want to find other concert DVD's that are great..

#4 of 4 Colin Jacobson

Colin Jacobson

Producer

• 5,197 posts

Posted November 10 2007 - 02:29 AM

I agree that the song selection is dull, but the performances are very good. It's not the best PJ DVD - that'd be "Live at the Garden" - but it's decent:

http://www.dvdmg.com...incornice.shtml
Colin Jacobson
http://www.dvdmg.com