What's new

Samsung DLP Randomly Turning Off (1 Viewer)

ChadFetter

Grip
I have had my 61" DLP for about three years now, and lately, it has been randomly turning off by itself. I can just turn the TV back on and it seems to work fine, but why would it be turning itself off?

It should be any type of overheating problem. It happened first thing this morning after being off all night, and withing five minutes it turned itself off. I turned it back on, and it has been on for the last hour without turning off again.

Thanks in advance.

Dave>h

Second Unit
I have the same TV and have had it about the same amount of time.

Maybe it is the TV telling you the light bulbs is about to go? They only last 3 years or so.

I would pick up a spare just in case.

Dave

DaveHo

Supporting Actor
Could be some stray IR messing with it. Are the batteries in any of your remotes getting low? Do you have an IR repeater system that might be picking up stray RF & converting it to random IR signals?

-Dave

Barry_B_B

Second Unit
Real Name
Barry
Same problem with my 50" model, two years old. I purchased an extended warranty with the set and the service tech is due this Friday; I'll post findings as soon as I get 'em, but DaveHo may be on to something as I do have a repeater system.

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
make sure that if it has a air filter, that it is clean.

Barry_B_B

Second Unit
Real Name
Barry
The tech came out and of course the set did not cooperate in displaying the problem. His suggestion was replacing the power module and the lamp, which he ordered but I wasn't too happy since they had a description of the problem before he arrived; why not bring the parts along? :frowning:

baxel

Auditioning
Real Name
Brian Axelrod
I had this same problem and I asked about the power module and the lamp. I think the circuit board (pcb assembly)was replaced and then I had to have it recalibrated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks