What's new

CARS (1 Viewer)

Raul Marquez

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Raul H. Marquez, MD
Just a quick one here.... Managed to get a copy of Disney/Pixar's CARS in Blu-ray (of course) today (don't ask....I won't tell). This is one all Blu-ray player owners should get this coming Tuesday. The image quality is simply SUPERB and INCREDIBLE! (hmm.... speaking of incredible..... I wonder when THE INCREDIBLES will finally be released on Blu-ray...) :)

Anyway, don't pass up on this one, THIS IS TRULY A REFERENCE QUALITY DISC!

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
I hope it looks every bit as good as the previews we all saw on some blu-ray disks.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I was absolutely blown away by the demo of this that Best Buy had running on the new 52" 120 Hz LCD about a month ago. It looked like a moving painting.

Heck, even on DVD this is probably the most beautiful animated film I've ever seen (certainly the prettiest CGI film).

lukejosephchung

Screenwriter
Real Name
Luke J. Chung
Personally, I'm looking forward to getting both "CARS" and "RATITOUILLE" on BD tomorrow, along with Pixars short films collection! This is gonna be a really good week for viewing CGI animation.
htf_images_smilies_dance.gif
htf_images_smilies_dance.gif

Averry

Second Unit
Real Name
Andrew
I'm listening to a band called the Blood Brothers, and I must say, watching those bannanas dance to it is quite entertaining.

[/useless post of the day]

HighDefDiscNews

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Justin
Brad Bird said he had no clue when The Incredibles was headed to Blu-ray but it is planned as they unveiled that night during the Hollywood Social Event launch of Ratatouile and Cars on Blu-ray Disc. I agree that Cars does look amazing in High Def, the reflections especially! Still working on my Review for it, I put Ratatouille ahead of it for obvious reasons.

HighDefDiscNews

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Justin

I don't think you'll be seeing Jurassic Park on HD DVD or anything anytime soon... Nor will your EMO-self "be there" LOL!

htf_images_smilies_rock.gif

Shawn.F

Supporting Actor
I popped in both Pixar flicks for about ten minutes each last night and my jaw hit the floor as to how beautiful both of them looked. The Pixar shorts are on my wish list for Christmas. :)

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
On top of the impressive A/V quality, the interactive commentary (actually commentaries) is a mighty impressive extra. I would put it at the very top of any HD-specific special features I have seen, including the handful of IMEs I have viewed, and you don't even need a BD profile upgrade to enjoy it. It is not so much the technology employed to implement it as the intelligence with which it is assembled that impresses. It is actually a pretty straightforward extension of the branching commentaries Disney did on standard-def releases like "Atlantis" and "Treasure Planet" with an added slideshow aspect as well as the dashboard interface.

Regards,

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Cars was a beautiful movie to watch even on standard dvd. The visuals/scenery and colours make it stand out so when I watched it late last night, I too was totally blown away. Damn! Check the scene where Lightning & Sally take a drive to the Wheel Well Hotel. The detail is astonishing from the cactus and shrubs to the sand, rocks and the cars themselves, which have very shiny, clean, solid primary colours to them
I can't imagine how another transfer can top this one.

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
The dvd was good, but the Lightning & Sally scene is finally truly jaw-dropping.

The beg. of this movie kicks so much ass it's not even funny. Got the same goosebumps I got in the theater. The nightime race with the shadows and reflections on the cars adds to the illusion of reality. There is Pixar... then there is a gap the size of Monument Valley... then there is everyone else.

Played with the Cine-Explore feature and the Carfinder game for about 15 minutes each and both worked flawlessly on the PS3. The Cine-Explore looks pretty impressive actually.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
just a heads up.
These can be had for about $33 from amazon if purchased together.
Cars and Ratatoui, that is.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Lightning and Sally's joyride is, visually speaking, one of my very favorite scenes in any movie ever. I didn't catch it in the theater, and I am DYING to see it in glorious HD!!!

Douglas Monce

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Douglas Monce

I agree this film is really just stunning, and another great effort from Pixar. They just don't make bad films.

The Cine-expore feature worked well if a little slow on my Samsung. The Carfinder game worked okay, but very slow making it hard to click the car when you see it. The it got to a partucular point, gave me a black screen and I had to eject the disc to get out of it.

Doug

STARKILLER1138

Second Unit
Real Name
Lou
The PQ on this was beyond incredible. Unreal is more like it:

(Eat your heart out hd-dvd ;) )

An absolute must for anyone with a BR player. KA-CHOW!

Adam_R

Second Unit
I agree. I watched the beginning of Cars today and it's just incredible. My Sammy DLP is doing a GREAT job at showing those AMAZING colors. The level of detail visible on the wide shots of the stadium is just astounding. Pixar is truly the best. I can't wait to see the other discs, and you can bet I'll be buying each and every one of their Bluray releases.

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
Can't wait to get my copy (hopefully my screener will arrive today for Cars and Shorts on BD).

Disney has consistently pushed AVC to the max... sometimes the video bit-rate on their AVC titles peaks over 40 mbps... often averaging in the high 20s or 30s depending on the title. Certainly the sharpest and most detailed high-def images I've seen on any format have been high-bit-rate AVC encodes.

I just can't wait. Now to get my own 1080p projector (been taking discs to my friend's house to view on his 1080p machine... that's getting old fast!)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I only own 9 BD titles so far (large collections all begin with those first baby steps;)) and Cars i'm proud to say is one of them.

Watched it today on my 60" Mitsubishi and I couldn't believe my freakin' eyes! :eek:

Joe Fisher

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joseph E Fisher

Hammer,

If you think Cars looked good, wait till you see Ratatouille. Simply jaw dropping. Watched it the other night and was glued to the screen. Detail was amazing. IMHO I think it's a bit better then Cars.

Pixar on Blu-Ray is going to be nothing short of spectacular. I will upgrade each one as they come out.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks