Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Weekly RoundUp 11-6-2007

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
70 replies to this topic

#61 of 71 Mark Zimmer

Mark Zimmer

Producer

• 4,263 posts

Posted November 08 2007 - 02:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcolm R
Is this online only? I was at BB tonight and there were no sale signs and I didn't see it in the sales flyer.
Posted Image

There are no signs, and it's not in the sales flyer. But they ring up at $19.99. How anyone found out about this deal, I have no idea. But it's there, in the B&M stores.

#62 of 71 Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 28,766 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted November 08 2007 - 02:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Zimmer
There are no signs, and it's not in the sales flyer. But they ring up at $19.99. How anyone found out about this deal, I have no idea. But it's there, in the B&M stores.

I'll never understand when Best Buy does this.

Sometimes it seems to to happen in advance of an advertised sale.

I remember a couple of months ago, the first season or two of Boston Legal went on sale for $24.99...but "noone knew." Much like this time, a reader here told us about it. Then, IIRC, I think it became part of an advertised sale later.

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#63 of 71 DanielCo

DanielCo

Stunt Coordinator

• 185 posts

Posted November 08 2007 - 03:04 AM

Quote:
--Best Buy has a BONUS DISC with it’s copies of Best of the Colbert Report.

Bought this yesterday. It's a 20 minute disc with the various Tek Jenson cartoons from the show.

#64 of 71 Scott_J

Scott_J

Screenwriter

• 2,635 posts

Posted November 08 2007 - 03:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricSchulz
The price on Seinfeld S9 at Target is $29.99. I won't have time to check out the bonus disc until possibly the weekend, but I DID grab the last copy they had on the shelf
Apparently, the bonus disc is just a "best of" of the blooper reels that have appeared on the previous Seinfeld sets. Not sure if there's any new-to-DVD material on it.

#65 of 71 Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman

Lead Actor

• 9,380 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted November 08 2007 - 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisR
Now if they would just put The Wire on sale for that price, I'd be a happy man.

I've seen various seasons of The Wire at Costco for $21.99 apiece. Sometimes they have 'em and sometimes they don't.
"How wonderful it will be to have a leader unburdened by the twin horrors of knowledge and experience." -- Mr. Wick

#66 of 71 TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 21,432 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted November 08 2007 - 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Silverman
I've seen various seasons of The Wire at Costco for $21.99 apiece. Sometimes they have 'em and sometimes they don't.
Thanks for the tip. I figure I don't find anything there that someone will have a sale when S4 comes out in December.

#67 of 71 Mary_P

Mary_P

Second Unit

• 451 posts

Posted November 08 2007 - 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pierce
Just wanted to mention that when I was browsing the isles in Best Buy tonight, I noticed that they had the complex Six Feet Under set for around $169 on sale. Wish I had a lump sum to pick it up, but I guess it'll have to wait (sigh!)

Bob, the Deep Discount sale is due to start any minute (actually, someone reported that it already had started). Their regular price on the complete SFU is $150, less the 20% makes it $120. Sounds like a good deal to me.

#68 of 71 pitchman

pitchman

Screenwriter

• 1,829 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MO

Posted November 08 2007 - 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott_J
Apparently, the bonus disc is just a "best of" of the blooper reels that have appeared on the previous Seinfeld sets. Not sure if there's any new-to-DVD material on it.
It's been a long time since I've seen some of this blooper material, but my knee-jerk reaction to this "best of" disc is that a few of the scenes appear to be a bit longer than what I recall from the individual sets. We are talking slight extensions at best. FWIW, if you already have the other sets and don't get this, I don't think you're missing out on anything. BTW, there is no other content on the DVD besides the 15-18 minute (I forget the exact time) blooper reel...
Gary

#69 of 71 Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman

Lead Actor

• 9,380 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted November 09 2007 - 06:55 AM

Any word on HD releases of Chinatown/ The Two Jakes?
"How wonderful it will be to have a leader unburdened by the twin horrors of knowledge and experience." -- Mr. Wick

#70 of 71 Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 28,766 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted November 09 2007 - 02:13 PM

Here's an early peek at next week's RoundUp:

For anyone interested in the new deluxe edition (2-disc gift set) of Pride and Prejudice, BestBuy.com seems to have a mis-price of $14.99 (same as regular edition). Amazon has $27.99 and Circuitcity.com has $29.99.

My family and I watched the regular edition recently and thought it was quite well done (if you are into Jane Austen Posted Image ). Posted Image

Posted Image

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#71 of 71 Bob Pierce

Bob Pierce

Stunt Coordinator

• 145 posts

Posted November 10 2007 - 06:04 AM

Thanks, Mary! This might be the time to take the leap! :-)

Bob

Back to Bargains and Deals

Forum Nav Content I Follow