Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Goofy: How to Hook Up Your Home Theater

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
20 replies to this topic

#1 of 21 Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 28,806 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted November 02 2007 - 01:03 PM

This is a short which Disney is going to show before its feature Enchanted at theaters this fall.

Posted Image

I wasn't planning on going to see Enchanted...but I might now...just to see this!

I ran into this terrific poster (and information) at THIS PAGE at jimhill.com. The page also features some discussion about why Disney has cut back to single-disc releases with its Pixar films. This link was originally provided by HTF member Jason Smalley in the Ratatouille review over in HT Software.

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#2 of 21 ChrisBEA

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter

• 1,657 posts

Posted November 02 2007 - 03:40 PM

I remember reading about how Disney was doing new shorts. I am looking forward to this, always loved Goofy.

#3 of 21 Garrett Lundy

Garrett Lundy

Producer

• 3,764 posts

Posted November 02 2007 - 04:28 PM

Sure, I go to youtube and search 'how to hook up your home theater' and get an 8 minute movie on illuminati numerology.

I must confess, if the best the global order can do is put an eyeball on a pyramid then they probably aren't fit to run the world. Maybe Belgium.
"Did you know that more people are murdered at 92 degrees Fahrenheit than any other temperature? I read an article once. Lower temperatures, people are easy-going, over 92 and it's too hot to move, but just 92, people get irritable."

#4 of 21 RyanAn

RyanAn

Screenwriter

• 1,523 posts

Posted November 04 2007 - 09:40 AM

I always complain that there aren't enough shorts accompanied with movies anymore.

Disney rocks!

#5 of 21 MatthewLouwrens

MatthewLouwrens

Producer

• 3,031 posts

Posted November 04 2007 - 02:10 PM

Pre-existing thread about this here.
And it is exciting to know when we will be able to see the new short. As someone whose favourite Disney shorts were always the Goofy "How-To"s, Enchanted just became an absolute must-see.
Films watched in 2005 / 2006 / 2007 / 2008 / 2009 / 2010 / 2011
AFI Top 100 lists: Movies, Thrills - Completed / Laughs - 23 to go
Passions - 39 to go / Heroes & Villains - 10 to go / Songs - 42 to go

#6 of 21 Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 28,806 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted November 04 2007 - 02:52 PM

Sorry, Matthew. I double-checked before starting a thread. I figured SOMEONE must've known about this before me! But my search yielded nothing.

If a mod wants to close this one down in deference to Matthew's thread, please feel free.

BTW, that poster in Post #1 makes me smile every time I see it...the remotes...the cables...the diagram...Goofy! Posted Image

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

#7 of 21 MatthewLouwrens

MatthewLouwrens

Producer

• 3,031 posts

Posted November 04 2007 - 11:00 PM

Quote:
BTW, that poster in Post #1 makes me smile every time I see it...the remotes...the cables...the diagram...Goofy!
Absolutely right. I also just love the whole retro-50s feel to the design. It looks like a poster they made back then, not the slick smooth posters that get made today.

#8 of 21 Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 28,806 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted December 02 2007 - 03:44 PM

Went and saw Enchanted this weekend (loved it, BTW) but was kinda ticked off that Goofy didn't make an appearance. The theater manager said he hadn't heard of the short...but was going to look into it for me.

Well...a quick internet search reveals that Goofy and his Home Theater Hijinks have, instead, been paired up with National Treasure 2. Guess I have to set a date for that film on my calendar now! Posted Image

I note with special interest that no-less-than John Lasseter gives the short a big thumbs up! Posted Image

#9 of 21 Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

Producer

• 5,010 posts
  • LocationCentral Arkansas

Posted December 07 2007 - 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Frezon
The page also features some discussion about why Disney has cut back to single-disc releases with its Pixar films.
As I read it, now that Disney owns Pixar, this a typical Disney business decision to dilute the product to fit the lowest common denominator. How sad.

I just finished watching the commentary of Finding Nemo, which has visual extras in it. Those Pixar guys provide all those extras because they're passionate movie geeks, you gotta love 'em. That's now in the past, thanks to Disney.

One has to wonder if Disney will further dilute the Pixar movies. After all, you don't have to have that much quality to get the kids into the theaters or in front of the tv sets. In 5 years, will their movies be on a par with Finding Nemo, or The Incredibles, or Ratatouille?

You think that can't happen, but Disney has already diluted the DVD, what's next?
Johnny
www.teamfurr.org
But a family cat is not replaceable like a wornout coat or a set of tires. Each new kitten becomes its own cat, and none is repeated. I am four cats old, measuring out my life in friends that have succeeded but not replaced one another.--Irving Townsend

#10 of 21 Patrick Mason

Patrick Mason

Stunt Coordinator

• 108 posts

Posted June 23 2008 - 04:35 AM

Just in case you didn't brave National Treasure 2 to see this in theaters, this short is now available on iTunes for $1.99.

You know, in case you'd like to watch a tutorial on how to install the ultimate high definition home theater... in standard definition on your computer screen.

It's pretty funny, hopefully we'll be treated to some of these shorts more often.

#11 of 21 ErichH

ErichH

Screenwriter

• 1,167 posts

Posted June 23 2008 - 05:52 AM

Fun! Love the table full of remotes

#12 of 21 John Swarce

John Swarce

Second Unit

• 475 posts

Posted June 24 2008 - 01:53 PM

I wish that poster was available to purchase somewhere!

--John
"Things you own end up owning you" --Fight Club

You are what you are when no one is looking...

#13 of 21 Brian W. Ralston

Brian W. Ralston

Supporting Actor

• 606 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted June 24 2008 - 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Swarce

--John

There are a few of the Goofy "How to.." short movie posters at MovieGoods.com HERE.

Perhaps one will be available at some point. Yeah...I would love to put one up in my home theatre room too.
Regards,
Brian W. Ralston

#14 of 21 Scamp

Scamp

Stunt Coordinator

• 152 posts

Posted June 25 2008 - 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Swarce

--John

Well, you are in luck then as it is available to purchase in a limited edition of 295 giclee prints via Acme Archives Direct: Goofy Home Theater Poster

Been eyeing it myself for a while, but haven't fit it into the budget yet.

Hope they get around to releasing this short on a dvd; had hoped they'd just stick it on NT2 since it debuted in front of it in theaters, but no such luck.

#15 of 21 Stephen Orr

Stephen Orr

Screenwriter

• 1,105 posts

Posted June 25 2008 - 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Mason
Just in case you didn't brave National Treasure 2 to see this in theaters, this short is now available on iTunes for $1.99.

You know, in case you'd like to watch a tutorial on how to install the ultimate high definition home theater... in standard definition on your computer screen.

It's pretty funny, hopefully we'll be treated to some of these shorts more often.

Watched my iTunes download last night on my HDTV (have an HTPC), wife just shakes head and says, "Oh, brother, a cartoon about you..."

#16 of 21 Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 28,806 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted June 25 2008 - 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scamp
Well, you are in luck then as it is available to purchase in a limited edition of 295 giclee prints via Acme Archives Direct: Goofy Home Theater Poster

Been eyeing it myself for a while, but haven't fit it into the budget yet.

That IS sweet. Yikes, though...expensive for such a small print!

And...isn't ACME where the Coyote gets all his stuff from?! Posted Image

Posted Image

#17 of 21 MatthewLouwrens

MatthewLouwrens

Producer

• 3,031 posts

Posted August 31 2008 - 01:34 AM

So I finally got to see it - Yay! - and the short was everything I had hoped for. Except for the modern subject matter, it really did feel like it could have been made at the same time as the original How To shorts. Some hysterically funny moments - the narrator urging moderation in set size, as Goofy falls in love with a set best suited to a sports stadium was my favourite moment.

The great thing is, I've just recently bought a new HDTV, but the retailer is waiting for new stock to arrive in the country, so I feel a bit like Goofy waiting for the delivery to come. I'm planning to have some friends over for a movie once it finally arrives, and it would be great to be able to show this at the start of the evening.

#18 of 21 DavidPla

DavidPla

Screenwriter

• 2,357 posts

Posted August 31 2008 - 05:45 AM

#19 of 21 Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

Producer

• 5,010 posts
  • LocationCentral Arkansas

Posted August 31 2008 - 08:01 AM

Thank you David, I hadn't seen it yet. It's hilarious and oh, so true.
Johnny
www.teamfurr.org
But a family cat is not replaceable like a wornout coat or a set of tires. Each new kitten becomes its own cat, and none is repeated. I am four cats old, measuring out my life in friends that have succeeded but not replaced one another.--Irving Townsend

#20 of 21 Brian Borst

Brian Borst

Screenwriter

• 1,137 posts

Posted August 31 2008 - 10:24 AM

Wow, thanks! I finally got to watch that. It's really hilarious Posted Image.
Never go out with anyone who thinks Fellini is a type of cheese

My Blu-Ray/DVD Collection

Back to Movies (Theatrical)

Forum Nav Content I Follow