-

Photo
- - - - -

CHEYENNE-Season 2.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
106 replies to this topic

#1 of 107 OFFLINE   changa

changa

Stunt Coordinator

• 59 posts

Posted November 01 2007 - 05:51 PM

There are reports ,from the western forums,that the 2nd season of CHEYENNE will be released early next year with 5 discs.
The date TBA.

#2 of 107 OFFLINE   Opi

Opi

Stunt Coordinator

• 135 posts

Posted November 01 2007 - 09:28 PM

fingers crossed that this will be true

I'm sold on the spot
This is the result of my addiction
--> http://www.invelos.c...ection.aspx/Opi

#3 of 107 OFFLINE   Randy Korstick

Randy Korstick

Screenwriter

• 2,418 posts

Posted November 02 2007 - 03:00 AM

Good news if true. Many had given up hope on this one but I was giving it till the end of this year.
...When you eliminate the impossible whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth

Top 20 Films

#4 of 107 OFFLINE   DeWilson

DeWilson

Screenwriter

• 1,981 posts

Posted November 02 2007 - 04:08 AM

I'm not holding my breath Posted Image

#5 of 107 OFFLINE   Opi

Opi

Stunt Coordinator

• 135 posts

Posted November 02 2007 - 04:10 AM

@changa
Would you mind to give me the url of that forum ?
This is the result of my addiction
--> http://www.invelos.c...ection.aspx/Opi

#6 of 107 OFFLINE   changa

changa

Stunt Coordinator

• 59 posts

Posted November 02 2007 - 12:36 PM

I found this information on Amazon's Western Forum- BUT
Better still,go to the dvd search engine for CHEYENNE at this dvd website at:- www.dvdconcept.com
There you will find the upcomming CHEYENNE Season 2 Details -in all of it's glory.
Clint "CHEYENNE" Walker still riding tall on his horse.
Although,he doesn't need a horse to be tall-does he?

#7 of 107 OFFLINE   changa

changa

Stunt Coordinator

• 59 posts

Posted November 02 2007 - 12:48 PM

I should also add,when you find the item,click onto the no graphic "Sorry" sign-for the current full details.

#8 of 107 OFFLINE   docdoowop

docdoowop

Second Unit

• 275 posts

Posted November 02 2007 - 09:52 PM

http://www.dvdconcep....ategory_id=49

#9 of 107 OFFLINE   DeWilson

DeWilson

Screenwriter

• 1,981 posts

Posted November 03 2007 - 04:54 AM

hmmm,and overseas site listing info for a release that hasn't poped up anywhere else - even rummors through "The grapevine".... I wonder how much stock we can put into this?

#10 of 107 OFFLINE   Jeff Flugel

Jeff Flugel

Stunt Coordinator

• 60 posts
  • LocationOsaka, Japan

Posted November 04 2007 - 12:44 AM

CHEYENNE season 2 set is up for preorder on Amazon.com. No image or any details not found at the DVD Concept site...but it IS secondary confirmation of a sort.

So if this pans out, great news! I'd all but written off seeing further sets of this.

Maybe there's hope for MAVERICK after all...

#11 of 107 OFFLINE   changa

changa

Stunt Coordinator

• 59 posts

Posted November 04 2007 - 10:38 AM

Don't Shoot The Messenger.
I'm Holding My Breath.Posted Image

#12 of 107 OFFLINE   Dan McW

Dan McW

Second Unit

• 335 posts

Posted November 04 2007 - 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Flugel
CHEYENNE season 2 set is up for preorder on Amazon.com.

Isn't that just one of those "place holder" listings they put up until the official announcement is made?

#13 of 107 OFFLINE   Charles H

Charles H

Screenwriter

• 1,526 posts

Posted November 05 2007 - 01:53 AM

It is one of those signup notifications if and when a film/show becomes available. I'd love to see a second and subsequent seasons of CHEYENNE and it is possible that since the second season is really the official beginning of CHEYENNE as a series (not as a truncated part of "Warner Bros. Presents," )it will be taking a bit longer to restore.
Charles Hoyt

#14 of 107 OFFLINE   Jack P

Jack P

Producer

• 3,028 posts

Posted November 29 2010 - 09:08 AM

Well, it's coming!    Albeit on MOD from Warner Archive in split season format, but it's nice that abandoned Warner titles will get this consideration too along with other vintage titles their Facebook page is promising.

http://www.tvshowson...-2-Part-1/14745

#15 of 107 OFFLINE   Gary OS

Gary OS

Producer

• 4,565 posts

Posted November 29 2010 - 09:21 AM

The split season deal isn't surprising at all.  The worst kept secret with MOD and hour long TV shows has been that they'd have to split the seasons up with long running series like this one.  The really interesting thing will be the price point.  I'm guessing it will be somewhere between $39.99 to $49.99 (before tax and shipping), which will be way too much for me personally.  I'd love to think the price point will be under $30 for a half season set, but I doubt that's going to happen.

Gary "Cheyenne just isn't a big enough priority for me to spend big bucks on an MOD set - but more power to those that love the show and want it released" O.

"Do not challenge supernatural unless armed with sword of truth"
                                             ...CHARLIE CHAN AT TREASURE ISLAND

#16 of 107 OFFLINE   smithb

smithb

Screenwriter

• 1,536 posts

Posted November 29 2010 - 10:06 AM

Normally, I would have had a higher interest in seeing more Cheyenne releases. However, I just went through all the seasons this past summer from Encore captures I made, so it is a lesser prioirty for me. From what I recall the commercial season 1 release didn't look that much better then what aired on Encore. For the cost, if it is going to be a dvd-r it needs to be a lot better quality then what I already have.

#17 of 107 OFFLINE   Mark-P

Mark-P

Screenwriter

• 2,319 posts
  • LocationCamas, WA

Posted November 29 2010 - 12:45 PM

I did the exact same thing - burned DVDs of all the episodes from Encore Westerns channel. I imagine the the quality of the MOD discs will be significantly better than the low bit-rate Comcast allocates to the channel on my cable hookup, but it's still difficult to shell out big bucks for what I already own.

Originally Posted by smithb 

Normally, I would have had a higher interest in seeing more Cheyenne releases. However, I just went through all the seasons this past summer from Encore captures I made, so it is a lesser prioirty for me. From what I recall the commercial season 1 release didn't look that much better then what aired on Encore. For the cost, if it is going to be a dvd-r it needs to be a lot better quality then what I already have.

#18 of 107 OFFLINE   Bob Gu

Bob Gu

Supporting Actor

• 608 posts

Posted November 29 2010 - 02:12 PM

Going by other Warner Archives titles like Falcon Crest Season-2, (6 discs, 1320 min run time with 22 episodes and extras), and The Joe McDoakes shorts collection, (6 discs, 648 min runtime), the price seems to be determined by the number of discs. The regular price on these two examples is $49.95, which can be knocked down to $37.46 with a 25% off code. Cheyenne Season 2 was only 20 episodes and shown in a shared time-slot with Conflict. So it is surprising, to me, that they are doing this as a split season. But maybe they actually don't want to put as many Cheyenne episodes per disc as they seem to have done with Falcon Crest S-2. So if they do a half-season with 10 episodes on 5 Discs, I'd guess it be about $42.00 or $31.50 with a 25% off coupon. If they put on more episodes on the discs it could be lower. But we will know for sure the real pricing, number of episodes, and disc numbers in a week or so. Although Cheyenne was on for eight seasons, it was always shown in a shared time-slot, except it's last season where it was cancelled after 13 weeks, and only made 13 to 20 episodes per season. (The season Clint Walker was on strike they showed reruns.) So after another 20 episode Season 3, I would hope the remaining 13 episode seasons come out in complete season volumes. The real test on pricing, number of episodes per disc, and volumes will come when the WB Archive starts on 77 Sunset Strip which had 34-41 episodes most seasons ( with 20 eps in the last.)

#19 of 107 OFFLINE   Gary OS

Gary OS

Producer

• 4,565 posts

Posted November 29 2010 - 02:45 PM

I forgot that Cheyenne had the shortened episode count from the traditional shows that aired during the 50's, so that will make a difference.  I was thinking about shows like 77 Sunset Strip, Hawiian Eye, and Surfside 6 (which generally ran 34-40 episodes per season).  Those type shows will surely be split into multiple sets per season.  But even in this instance I agree with you that we are looking at five discs with two episodes on each.  That's the most they can cram on a dvd-r and still have it look decent.  These older hour long shows ran 50+ minutes, so there's really no way to get three episodes on a disc.

Your price point guess is probably just about right.  It's still way too much for me, even with a 25% discount (which isn't something that WB Archives offer all the time, btw).  I think we are still looking at $40 or so once you include taxes and such.  For me personally, I'd have to see these at $20 or less before I'd bite.

Gary "hopefully WB will put out the 1st Season of Kildare so I can get a clean copy of the awesome Christmas episode from that series" O.

"Do not challenge supernatural unless armed with sword of truth"
                                             ...CHARLIE CHAN AT TREASURE ISLAND

#20 of 107 OFFLINE   Mark-P

Mark-P

Screenwriter

• 2,319 posts
  • LocationCamas, WA

Posted November 29 2010 - 03:10 PM

Is there some reason why Warner Archives can't use dual-layer discs? Dual-layer blank discs are pretty common nowadays, so I don't see why they can't use them for MOD.