What's new

Just got my new iPod Touch!! (1 Viewer)

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
I have a few questions:

1. Speaker doesn't seem to work. I have selected speaker and have selected "both" in the Sound Effects menu. is there anything else I would need to do to get that working? I have the most up to date software installed, by the way. Is my unit perhaps just a dud?

2. No dock! I'm surprised that there is no dock that was included in the box. Instead there are two plastic things included. One is simply a clear plastic stand. The other is a white plastic piece that looks like it could be a dock, but I don't really see any use for it. The white plastic piece has a receptacle that is the same size as the bottom of the iPod, and all that happens is that the USB charger plugs into the iPod through the bottom of the white plastic "dock piece". Am I missing an attachment, or am I just stupid?

I'm slowly but surely geting up to speed with this unit. It is extremely cool and I'm definitely diggin' it, there are just those issues I have currently.

For those that don't have one, there are a few things I would like to see. First, there could be hard volume buttons near the home button. Second would be a dedicated back button. If you are in settings and want to go in to Safari, you don't hit "back" to get to the home page, you just hit home. I keep thinking that the iPod is multitasking when I do this, it's just hard to get used to. Other than my issues reported above, this is a fantastic toy!! I hope I can find WIFI at work that is unsecured!!! :)

Len Cheong

Second Unit
When you are playing music or watching a video, the volume bar is
on the bottom. Just touch and drag to the desired level.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Re: Dock. Apple stopped including docks in their iPod boxes a couple of years ago. The white plastic piece is a dock adapter. If you buy an Apple Universal Dock the adapter snaps into it to provide a snug fit for your Touch. All iPods these days come with the dock adapters (except the Shuffle, which doesn't have the standard dock connector port and has its own mini-dock). There are many third-party products which also accept the dock adapters.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
The speaker is only used for the little feedback squeaks. Not audio playback.

The touch is the best iPod I've ever used, I dont get at ALL the people who trash it...

Sam

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
The VOLUME control!!!! darn! why didn't I think of that!?

Thanks Sam, I couldn't find a speaker, but it was the software options that confused me. I love this thing. Definitely very cool. I just wish there was more wifi... including at work!! :)

ahh well, it's great thing to take to the bathroom to read the news... :D

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Hahah no doubt. I've had my sister and parents install wifi at their houses so I can surf from their respective couches =) And Houlihans now has free wifi too =)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks