-

Photo
- - - - -

Audyssey MultEQ: Questions and Answers - Onkyo, Denon, et. al.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
265 replies to this topic

#261 of 266 monsterbash

monsterbash

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted January 17 2012 - 06:06 AM

Hi, I´m new to this forum and have a doubt about how to set up audissey. My setup: Receiver: Onkyo TX-NR-609 fronts: Paradigm ATOM V5 (pair) center: Paradigm CC-170 V2 surrounds: Paradigm MICRO V2 (pair) Sub: Velodyne Impact 12 After Audyssey 2EQ calibration (3 positions, following the guide posted by David Willow) I have the following crossover configuration: Fronts - 50Hz Center - 50Hz Surrounds - 60Hz As far as I read at this forum, and Paradigm speaker specs, I should go with 75-80 Hz for these speakers. The doubt is: to leave the values filled by audissey or to raise the Fronts, Center and Surrounds to 80Hz (or any other value) ??? Any suggestions will be apreciated !!! Thanks in advance,

#262 of 266 David Willow

David Willow

Screenwriter

• 1,990 posts
  • LocationMechanicsburg, PA

Posted January 17 2012 - 06:37 AM

Hi Silvio, The location of the speakers in your room makes a big difference in the response measurements. The closer they get to the wall, the lower they will go. It never hurts to raise the crossover. Try it at 60, 70, and 80 and see what you like best. The only negative I see is 2EQ does not apply filters for your sub so it is it basically uncorrected. So by keeping the crossovers where they are your getting more of the frequency range EQ'd. I would personally try at the higher crossover and see how it performs.

#263 of 266 monsterbash

monsterbash

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted January 17 2012 - 12:42 PM

Thanks for the prompt answer Willow! I'll try those values out and see how they perform. Just to see if I understood those crossover values: The lower I set up the speaker crossover values, more they will play the "lower tones", so more they'll be "helping" the sub. The higher I set the crossover, more the sub will work Is that correct?? Thanks again

#264 of 266 David Willow

David Willow

Screenwriter

• 1,990 posts
  • LocationMechanicsburg, PA

Posted January 17 2012 - 01:27 PM

Yes, higher numbers mean more redirected to the sub. Think of it this way. When you set the crossover at 80hz, you are telling the AVR to send everything below 80hz to the sub (it's not a hard cutoff but you get the idea). BTW - You shouldn't help the sub. It's the other way around - the sub will help take the load off of the amp in your receiver.

#265 of 266 iamalexjames

iamalexjames

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted March 06 2012 - 12:03 AM

yes

#266 of 266 Katie08

Katie08

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted April 21 2012 - 04:40 PM

You look like a real expert on media rooms so I would really appreciate your advice. We are looking to convert two small single bedrooms (each size 10' x 9') into a single dedicated media room by knocking out a separating wall. This means that the room would be a long, narrow rectangular room of approximately 20 feet in length x 10' in width. Is this size OK or is it too small for a 5 foot projector screen? The two bedrooms currently have doors opening out on to a rear hallway that is an additional 4 foot in width and extends down to the laundry. We were wondering whether (or not) we should knock all the walls down and have the media room extended in size to approx 20 feet in length x 12 feet in width. There are windows along the hallway wall (facing the rear garden) but we could block these out with security screens. What is your advice about the size of our prospective media room and what do we need to do to ensure that the area is suitable insofar as acoustics is concerned? :confused: