Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

I Dream of Jeannie DVDs - are they edited?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   Carlo S

Carlo S

Stunt Coordinator

• 111 posts

Posted October 28 2007 - 07:26 AM

As topic says, does anyone know if all the seasons of I dream of Jeannie DVD releases are edited? I read some reviews about S2 being cut? Can anyone here confirm this? ANd if other seasons are affected as well?

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   JeffO

JeffO

Stunt Coordinator

• 143 posts

Posted October 29 2007 - 01:19 AM

I don't think they are edited. I'm halfway through season 2, and all the running times so far are around 25:15-25:30, the same as season 1. I think all 30 minute shows from the mid 1960's are about 25-25:30 minutes. I haven't noticed any cuts either.
TV DVDs wanted: TJ Hooker (seasons 3-5), The Fall Guy (Seasons 2-5), Scarecrow and Mrs. King, Father Dowling Mysteries, Queen of Swords, Smurfs, and Charlemagne (1994 TV miniseries)

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   Jay Pennington

Jay Pennington

Screenwriter

• 1,189 posts

Posted October 29 2007 - 03:15 AM

I do recall a thread in which it was discovered that the audio of a few episodes had been recently remixed with a new laugh track and with replaced (but authentic) musical stings. As if all they found in the archives were the dialog-only audio tracks and not the final mixes. I don't remember which season that affected.
-Jay

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users