-

Photo
- - - - -

Two big NHL sets on 11/06

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 PaulP

PaulP

Producer

• 3,291 posts

Posted October 26 2007 - 12:47 PM

Posted ImagePosted Image

Quote:
7 Discs Of Game 7

DVD Features include:

Complete game broadcast of six of the Stanley Cup Final “Game 7’s,”:
Edmonton Oilers vs. Philadelphia Flyers (1987)
New York Rangers vs. Vancouver Canucks (1994)
Colorado Avalance vs. New Jersey Devils (2001)
New Jersey Devils vs. Anaheim Mighty Ducks (2003)
Tampa Bay Lightning vs. Calgary Flames (2004)
Carolina Hurricanes vs. Edmonton Oilers (2006)

Plus highlights of the remaining Game 7’s.

Quote:
1. May 25, 1991: Penguins vs. North Stars: Penguins claim their first Stanley Cup.

2. June 1, 1992: Penguins vs. Blackhawks: Penguins clinch back-to-back Cups sweeping the series in four games.

3. April 25, 1989: Penguins vs. Flyers: Mario Lemieux explodes for five goals and eight points in an epic playoff battle - Pittsburgh's first playoff berth since Lemieux's arrival.

4. Dec. 27, 2000: Penguins vs. Maple Leafs: Mario Lemieux emerges from retirement in dramatic fashion with a goal and two assists.

5. April 24, 1996: Penguins vs. Capitals: The Penguins and Capitals take four overtimes to decide Game Four of the '96 Eastern Conference quarterfinals as the Pens come out on top, 3-2.

6. April 9, 1993: Penguins vs. Rangers: Penguins set NHL record with 16th consecutive win - Lemieux erupts for five goals.

7. Oct. 24, 2006: Penguins vs. Devils: The 18-, 19- and 20-year-old trio of Jordan Staal, Sidney Crosby, and Evgeni Malkin all score a goal; Malkin's being a highlight for the ages, in a 4-2 win over Martin Brodeur and the Devils.

8. May 10, 2001: Penguins vs. Sabres: Darius Kasparaitis joins the rush and scores the OT winner in Game Seven of the Eastern Conference semifinals.

9. Dec. 13, 2006: Penguins vs. Flyers: Sidney Crosby has a six-point night to take over the NHL scoring lead in only his sophomore season.

10. April 13, 1991: Penguins vs. Devils: Frank Pietrangelo makes what is simply known as `The Save' in a 4-3 win in Game Six of the Patrick Division semifinals.

#2 of 4 PaulP

PaulP

Producer

• 3,291 posts

Posted October 29 2007 - 06:25 AM

Hmm, surprised no one's really interested in these, but I may pick them up in the DeepDiscount sale. The Game 7s set especially looks interesting. So much history.

#3 of 4 RoyM

RoyM

Stunt Coordinator

• 204 posts

Posted October 29 2007 - 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulP
Hmm, surprised no one's really interested in these, but I may pick them up in the DeepDiscount sale. The Game 7s set especially looks interesting. So much history.

Hey Paul, I for one am interested in vintage game telecasts on DVD. I'm a little disappointed that most of the NHL stuff that Warner is putting out (and actually most of the NBA stuff, too) is from the 1990's and later.

I would be much more enthusiastic about a set of Game 7's from the 1970's and 1980's series. I know there is a Game 7 of the Flyers' Stanley Cup win on the Greatest Moments set for that club, but outside of that, practically nothing so far for vintage series. I would love to see some of the great Bruins and Canadiens Cup wins from the 1970's, and the Islanders and Oilers from the 1980's (besides the '87 game on this new set, which would be of interest).

#4 of 4 Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield

Executive Producer

• 10,426 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted October 30 2007 - 12:11 AM

Quote:
I would love to see some of the great Bruins and Canadiens Cup wins from the 1970's

Same here -- I've been a huge Habs fan since around 1970. I'd love to see a disc devoted to Montreal championship teams. All I have is a highlight DVD of the 1993 playoffs, focusing on Montreal's last Cup run.

Back to TV on DVD and Blu-ray

Forum Nav Content I Follow