Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Sony BDP-300 Returned, Back to PS3

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 OFFLINE   Steven Simon

Steven Simon

Producer

• 3,272 posts

Posted October 26 2007 - 08:10 AM

To make a long Story short guys, I had a friend that really needed a PS3, and I wasn't using my PS3 60 Gig at all for Video games, so I sold it to him, and traded up to the new Sony BDP300... Well after living with this unit for 3 days it went right back to Best Buy, and got another PS3 80 Gig version... The Sony was brand new and had the latest Firmware 2.6.. It took this unit almost 4 minutes to Load POTC.. Standard Blu Ray titles took about 1.5 minutes with boot up and playing to the first menu...

Sony should be ashamed of themselves releasing a product that takes 1.5 to 4 minutes to boot. The PS3 takes 30 seconds on POTC to get to video playback...

My point is, if they can do it right in the PS3, why can't they get it right on a stand alone...

I am not giving up this PS3 for some time now.... Until Stand Alone units are fast, and problem free...
Steve Simon
HTF Administration
(Retired)

#2 of 7 OFFLINE   troy evans

troy evans

Screenwriter

• 1,294 posts

Posted October 26 2007 - 07:29 PM

Don't know what's happening? I've never had load times even close to that on my BDP S300. Usually around 25 to 30 seconds is my wait time.
" I think it's time we go to plan B". "What's plan B?" "That's the one where we don't do something stupid".

#3 of 7 OFFLINE   Steven Simon

Steven Simon

Producer

• 3,272 posts

Posted October 27 2007 - 12:29 AM

Then I may have had a defective unit, the load times were just insane. Regular blu ray titles took about 60 to 90 seconds...
Steve Simon
HTF Administration
(Retired)

#4 of 7 OFFLINE   Larry Sutliff

Larry Sutliff

Screenwriter

• 2,858 posts

Posted October 28 2007 - 08:26 AM

The POTC flicks and FANTASTIC FOUR 2 take a really long time to load on my BDP-300(around 2-4 minutes). Otherwise, my experience is closer to Troy's.

#5 of 7 OFFLINE   Captain Spaulding

Captain Spaulding

Second Unit

• 415 posts
  • LocationOH

Posted October 31 2007 - 02:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Simon
Then I may have had a defective unit, the load times were just insane. Regular blu ray titles took about 60 to 90 seconds...

I can confirm similar load times with the BDP-300 that I had. In addition to the disc load times, it also took an excessive amount of time to be able to open the disc tray after turning the player on. I returned it for the Panasonic player and am much happier.

#6 of 7 OFFLINE   Steven Simon

Steven Simon

Producer

• 3,272 posts

Posted March 18 2011 - 10:55 PM

Lol!! And I still have the PS3 as my main BD machine...
Steve Simon
HTF Administration
(Retired)

#7 of 7 OFFLINE   Emmaking

Emmaking

Auditioning

• 6 posts

Posted October 21 2012 - 07:50 PM

I like your view much, go ahead.i support you! ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- obd2 cables|obdii code scanner|obdii code scanner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users