Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

24: Season Seven

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
875 replies to this topic

#41 of 876 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,300 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted May 20 2008 - 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent M
Well, I want to say the show couldn't possibly get any worse than Season 6, but I don't want to jinx it. After 5 unbelievably good seasons I don't know what the hell happened last year, but it's very promising that they've outlined everything in advance and if past history is any indicator those writers are more than capable of coming up with an amazing new season. I'm already excited about S7 and it's several still months away. Posted Image
I love the idea of them planning things out but I think that it could result in the show moving slower than most people are used to (since S4, S5 and S6 moved like rockets because they just kept making it up as they went along- which worked out fairly well until last year). I'm assuming that they will have bigger stories that play out over a longer period of time and there won't be a new threat or mission every 2 or 3 or 4 episodes. That being said, I wouldn't mind it at all if they 'slowed things down' but I think it could turn some viewers off.

#42 of 876 OFFLINE   Louis C

Louis C

Supporting Actor

• 739 posts

Posted May 21 2008 - 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisR
I love the idea of them planning things out but I think that it could result in the show moving slower than most people are used to (since S4, S5 and S6 moved like rockets because they just kept making it up as they went along- which worked out fairly well until last year). I'm assuming that they will have bigger stories that play out over a longer period of time and there won't be a new threat or mission every 2 or 3 or 4 episodes. That being said, I wouldn't mind it at all if they 'slowed things down' but I think it could turn some viewers off.

Yeah, if it's slower pace as the trade-off for better writing, give me slower pace every time. You have to change the pace if you want the action sequences to have any real dramatic impact. S4 is a perfect example of that technique working, and S6 is what happens when you don't build up to it.

#43 of 876 OFFLINE   Joe_H

Joe_H

Screenwriter

• 1,746 posts

Posted May 21 2008 - 05:05 PM

I think S5 kind of screwed over the writers too, because they killed off pretty much every character anyone cared about that year, so S6 didn't have that much of a shot.

Even still, they should have been able to make the audience care about the new characters by the end of the season.

#44 of 876 OFFLINE   JediFonger

JediFonger

Producer

• 3,942 posts

Posted May 22 2008 - 01:29 AM

i think they need to pace it a bit similar to heroes in that payoffs are nearer to one another instead of at the very very very end.

#45 of 876 OFFLINE   Josh Dial

Josh Dial

Screenwriter

• 2,597 posts

Posted May 22 2008 - 02:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediFonger
i think they need to pace it a bit similar to heroes in that payoffs are nearer to one another instead of at the very very very end.

Aren't they "nearer to one another," if they are all at the "very very very end?" In fact they are so near each other, they are at the same time.

#46 of 876 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,300 posts

Posted July 16 2008 - 09:07 AM

Aint It Cool posted a link to a trailer for the prequel movie which is now titled 'Exile'.

B2 Studios

Except for the voice over guy, it looks pretty damn cool (especially with the music from Requiem For A Dream playing under it).

EDIT: The trailer has apparently been removed from that link.

#47 of 876 OFFLINE   Josh Dial

Josh Dial

Screenwriter

• 2,597 posts

Posted July 16 2008 - 10:42 AM

Wow, that trailor looks great - but damn, that voice-over guy has got to go!

#48 of 876 OFFLINE   Scott Hanson

Scott Hanson

Screenwriter

• 2,901 posts

Posted July 16 2008 - 02:10 PM

So the movie takes place between the past season and the upcoming season?

#49 of 876 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,300 posts

Posted July 16 2008 - 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottH
So the movie takes place between the past season and the upcoming season?
Yeah. Based on what they show in the commercial, it looks like it's nearly 4 years since last season.

#50 of 876 OFFLINE   Joe_H

Joe_H

Screenwriter

• 1,746 posts

Posted July 17 2008 - 04:49 AM

I think that the voiceover guy is bad because this wasn't actually meant for release anywhere. It seems to me at least that this is just an unfinished trailer that the advertising guys or whatever wanted to get approved before they had anyone do the voiceover for real.

#51 of 876 OFFLINE   Jeff Jacobson

Jeff Jacobson

Screenwriter

• 2,116 posts

Posted July 19 2008 - 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisR
Aint It Cool posted a link to a trailer for the prequel movie which is now titled 'Exile'.

B2 Studios

Except for the voice over guy, it looks pretty damn cool (especially with the music from Requiem For A Dream playing under it).

That link didn't work when I tried it.

#52 of 876 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,300 posts

Posted July 19 2008 - 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Jacobson
That link didn't work when I tried it.
AICN's story now has a different link but it looks like it was pulled there too.

#53 of 876 OFFLINE   PhilipG

PhilipG

Screenwriter

• 2,003 posts

Posted July 19 2008 - 06:58 PM

I found the vid typing the following into a popular video site's(*) search engine "24 Exile".

(* You remember that popular quote: "Tu be or not Tu be? that is the question.")

Posted Image

#54 of 876 OFFLINE   Ray H

Ray H

Producer

• 3,481 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted July 20 2008 - 07:13 AM

Did anyone see the rumor about Julia Roberts possibly guest starring this season?
"Here's looking at you, kid."

#55 of 876 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,300 posts

Posted September 11 2008 - 10:15 AM

The prequel telemovie has changed names from 'Exile' to 'Redemption'.

And from TV Guide.com:

Ratings for 90210, Fringe, Privileged and more - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by TV Guide
Fox will re-air the Fringe pilot Sunday at 8 pm, preceded by sneak peeks at the film The Day The Earth Stood Still and the TV-movie prequel 24: Redemption.
If you don't catch it at 8, you'll have to wait until 8:05 to see it on You Tube. Posted Image

#56 of 876 OFFLINE   Scott McGillivray

Scott McGillivray

Supporting Actor

• 852 posts

Posted October 21 2008 - 07:45 AM

What is the status of "24"? I saw an ad for Redemption but did not see when it was coming on.

I gave up on this series a couple of seasons ago, but the ad for this year looked interesting.
Scott A. McGillivray
Vancouver, B.C.

Struggling Actor and Movie Nut!
(Check out my profile on IMDB!)http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1425496/

#57 of 876 ONLINE   Josh Steinberg

Josh Steinberg

Screenwriter

• 2,680 posts

Posted October 21 2008 - 08:02 AM

"Redemption" airs on Sunday, November 23rd on Fox. An extended, unrated edition will be released on DVD a couple days later, on Tuesday, Nov. 25th.

As for when season seven will begin, sometime mid-January, though I'm not sure if they've set a specific date yet.

#58 of 876 OFFLINE   Joe_H

Joe_H

Screenwriter

• 1,746 posts

Posted October 21 2008 - 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Steinberg
"Redemption" airs on Sunday, November 23rd on Fox. An extended, unrated edition will be released on DVD a couple days later, on Tuesday, Nov. 25th.

As for when season seven will begin, sometime mid-January, though I'm not sure if they've set a specific date yet.

No word on Bluray? It'd sort of suck to have to have the shorter and probably censored version if you want to watch in HD.

#59 of 876 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,300 posts

Posted October 21 2008 - 12:24 PM

Unfortunately, there's no Blu-ray release.

#60 of 876 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,300 posts

Posted November 04 2008 - 05:55 AM

According to Aint It Cool, Season Seven starts with four episodes on January 11 and 12.

Back to TV Programming

Forum Nav Content I Follow