Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

DVDPacific

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 OFFLINE   MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti

Producer

• 4,796 posts

Posted October 24 2007 - 04:38 AM

Has anyone purchased from them recently?

How are they with reliability, stock, service, shipping, packaging, sales, etc?

I notice they have a couple of box sets that I'd like to order at very enticing prices, but I've never used them before. I've always been loyal to DigitalEyes/DVDEmpire.

Is DVDPacific a recommended e-tailer?

Also, have any Canadians or UK/Europeans ever imported from them and had problems with duties on sets?

Thanks for any feedback!

#2 of 7 OFFLINE   yankee8156

yankee8156

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted October 24 2007 - 07:17 AM

I've had two okay experiences with them so far.

I ordered something from them this past summer. It took a little while for them to ship it out, but it was a fairly obscure title, so I didn't really fault them too much for that. (This was in the US)

This past month I ordered a couple of titles, which I had shipped to me while I was in Ireland. They shipped promptly and the delivery time was good. I think they shipped it out on a Friday evening (at least that's when I got the shipment notification) and I received it not the following Monday, but the Monday after that, so it took roughly one business week.

I'd recommend them. Their shipping time internationally was on par with the time it took Amazon to ship to me.

#3 of 7 OFFLINE   MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti

Producer

• 4,796 posts

Posted October 24 2007 - 12:51 PM

Thanks for the assurance!

#4 of 7 OFFLINE   Carlo S

Carlo S

Stunt Coordinator

• 111 posts

Posted October 28 2007 - 10:10 PM

I ordered some dvds from them a few weeks ago. Less than 2 weeks delivery.

#5 of 7 OFFLINE   Robin9

Robin9

Screenwriter

• 1,884 posts

Posted November 07 2007 - 09:32 AM

I buy from DVD Pacific regularly. They are reliable and their prices are competitive. The only way some other Internet vendors out-perform them is in speed of despatch. DVD Pacific sometimes take three of four days to get around to shipping the goods. This is not important to me, but it might be for some people.

#6 of 7 OFFLINE   Mark Zimmer

Mark Zimmer

Producer

• 4,268 posts

Posted February 21 2008 - 12:04 PM

The main problem I've had with them is that they like to increase the shipping costs on you after you've placed your order. So I went back to DDD and use their free shipping.

#7 of 7 OFFLINE   BethHarrison

BethHarrison

Second Unit

• 435 posts

Posted February 22 2008 - 05:33 PM

I do all of my business with them. I have purchased over 250 titles in the past and have received every single one of them in less than two weeks.

I can't recommend them highly enough