Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Rob Zombie's Halloween coming on December 18

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 of 11 TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 21,434 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted October 23 2007 - 11:33 AM

Just in time for Christmas, Rob Zombie's heart warming Halloween remake. Posted Image I wasn't the biggest fan of it but it was better than almost every Halloween sequel. Since it's a horor movie, there's two separate unrated and rated versions. They're adding 11 minutes of deleted footage back into the movie which may help it since the last hour or so seemed to jump from murder to murder without any scenes in between.

More info here:
http://www.dvdactive...halloween3.html

#2 of 11 Stephen Wight

Stephen Wight

Second Unit

• 477 posts

Posted October 23 2007 - 01:34 PM

Call me old-fashioned,or whatever,but releasing a horror movie,like Halloween,the week before Christmas?

#3 of 11 Matthew Clayton

Matthew Clayton

Stunt Coordinator

• 148 posts

Posted October 23 2007 - 02:16 PM

The 2007 Halloween: the remake that shouldn't have been. That's all I'm going to say.

#4 of 11 TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 21,434 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted October 23 2007 - 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Wight
Call me old-fashioned,or whatever,but releasing a horror movie,like Halloween,the week before Christmas?
Getting it out in that week before Christmas will sell more copies (since people will buy anything just to have a gift). Plus, this movie appeals to teens and young adults so it'll already be in stores when they get giftcards for Christmas.

#5 of 11 BarryS

BarryS

Second Unit

• 424 posts

Posted October 23 2007 - 05:49 PM

I will probably buy this. I'm a big Rob Zombie fan and it looks like a sweet DVD package. I'm glad there's a director's cut. From the very mixed reviews, I got the impression that the film could use some tweaking.

#6 of 11 Tony J Case

Tony J Case

Screenwriter

• 1,571 posts

Posted October 24 2007 - 04:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisR
Getting it out in that week before Christmas will sell more copies (since people will buy anything just to have a gift). Plus, this movie appeals to teens and young adults so it'll already be in stores when they get giftcards for Christmas.

Yes, the studios have to do this because unfortunately there is just simply no time frame that is appropriate for a horror movie release towards - oh, say the end of October or something. If there was only a way to tie Halloween into a major holiday of some sort, they'd be made!

#7 of 11 Rhett_Y

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter

• 1,252 posts

Posted October 24 2007 - 04:24 AM

Come on now... we have titles like black xmas...... why not spread a little joy around the world and give your loved one a nice little dvd called halloween...teehee
My DVD Collection

#8 of 11 Jon Smith

Jon Smith

Stunt Coordinator

• 147 posts

Posted October 28 2007 - 06:26 AM

When should you watch The Nightmare Before Christmas?

#9 of 11 AlexF

AlexF

Second Unit

• 496 posts

Posted October 29 2007 - 04:13 AM

Easter. Posted Image

#10 of 11 Russell G

Russell G

Lead Actor

• 9,644 posts
  • LocationDeadmonton

Posted October 31 2007 - 04:32 AM

I'm looking forward to the unrated. Really liked the theatrical version.
My wallet cries me to sleep!

This post kills threads!

#11 of 11 Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer!

Executive Producer

• 11,067 posts
  • LocationWilmington, Delaware

Posted October 31 2007 - 07:24 PM

I'm glad it's coming out that soon otherwise it might of been one of those titles that we would have had to wait until next Halloween to get, I hate when studios do that, it took The Polar Express an entire year to come out.

It'll never top the original but I liked the remake and am curious about Zombie's cut, the kid was particularly effective during the first 35-40 minutes.
"That's Jack Bauer!!!!!! He's coming for me!!!!!" - Charles Logan

Forum Nav Content I Follow