Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Transformers - Imax

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   Eric_Connelly

Eric_Connelly

Second Unit

• 460 posts

Posted October 21 2007 - 08:13 AM

We never saw it in the original release. We missed it the two opening weekends and if we could not get into a large theater we skip the movie until we can get it for home. Not being available in BD we skipped it on DVD but did catch it at the local IMAX. WELL worth it. We've seen quite a few movies at IMAX and they are just BIG, the detail usually isn't that spectacular but this transfer is incredible. It is an amazing display and the smallest details are crystal clear. Check it out if you can, great place to see it.

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   Jeff Cooper

Jeff Cooper

Screenwriter

• 1,287 posts

Posted October 22 2007 - 05:15 AM

I've heard that the IMAX presentation had a few extra minutes of stuff in it that wasn't on the theatrical release, and that Bay said would never come to the home versions. I would be interested in hearing what those changes were from someone who has seen both versions.
-Jeff Cooper

"Curse you inspector Dim! You are too clever for us naughty people."

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   Richard Kim

Richard Kim

Producer

• 4,389 posts

Posted October 22 2007 - 07:00 AM

From what I can recall, the IMAX cut featured the narc showing Sam the Rachael Leigh Cook "egg smashing" anti drug commercial after he's arrested for reporting Bumblebee getting stolen.

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   EricW

EricW

Screenwriter

• 2,309 posts

Posted October 22 2007 - 06:07 PM

i know Transformers was actually filmed as opposed to digital photography, but does anyone know what resolution the CG was rendered in?
"now, if that's a fact, tell me... am i lying?"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users