-

Photo
- - - - -

"I" have a problem with my bass.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 of 8 Bill_D

Bill_D

Supporting Actor

• 755 posts

Posted October 21 2007 - 07:21 AM

I have about 6000 cubed plus openings to a hallway and a stairwell to fill with glorious bass. Currently, the original Dual SVS CS Ultra package, serial numbers 16 and 17 is providing all the bottom. The Ultras are on the back wall split on either side of the seating area. I've tried them in various locations "stacked" and apart but the current setup with BFD yields the best results most likely because I got tired of moving them all over the place.

Talk of the Epik 18" Conquest "pressurizing a room with bass" and the sheer prowess of the 435lb ED dual 18" 97-900 have peaked my interest. Can't really beat these offerings with a walking tall stick for $2000 or less delivered. I remember plunking down a few hundred more for the Ultras. I really like the one box solution to big bass in big areas and I have the room to easily accommodate both offerings.

So what is my problem?

There is absolutely nothing wrong with Ultras. "I" have the problem. They do a fine a job but they will most likely be available to someone at a good price along with a Samson amp very soon.

#2 of 8 Robert_J

Robert_J

Lead Actor

• 8,125 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted October 22 2007 - 12:30 AM

The only sub with more output than the Epik or ED would be a multiple driver IB. It's considerably cheaper but some DIY skills are needed. As well as an ajacent room, attic or basement to contain the back wave. My theater is around 3,000 cubic feet and I'm installing four 18" subs with the option of four additional ones.

-Robert

#3 of 8 Bill_D

Bill_D

Supporting Actor

• 755 posts

Posted November 02 2007 - 05:44 AM

Problem solved for now with the arrival of the Epik Conquest. The botom pic features Klipsch RCW-5 8" in wall, RF-7 and a KG5.5 next to the Conquest for comparison.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#4 of 8 SherardP

SherardP

Stunt Coordinator

• 222 posts

Posted November 05 2007 - 06:31 PM

that conquest is a beast, Im thinking of selling my dual PB12+2s and going dual Epik Conquest. How does yours sounds, Im mainly 60% games/movies, 40% music.

#5 of 8 Bill_D

Bill_D

Supporting Actor

• 755 posts

Posted November 10 2007 - 07:30 AM

It is definitely a beast and so far so good. I never envisioned having to admit that there is just a little to much bass in my 6600 cubed playpen and turn it down. It is hands down awesome with HT and suprisingly nimble with music. My personal music taste leans toward any genre of Jazz; Old Motown and its covers; and anything with some goood solid guitar playin' like Stevie Ray Vaughan, Eric Clapton, Charles Mingus, Bo Diddley, Robert Cray, any kind of Blues plus too much more to list. The conquest is seamless to my ears within the confines of my music preference.

I love it! Posted Image

#6 of 8 Barry_B_B

Barry_B_B

Second Unit

• 453 posts

Posted November 11 2007 - 07:47 AM

Congrats! It's all about what pleases you. How big are those ports??? Posted Image

#7 of 8 Bill_D

Bill_D

Supporting Actor

• 755 posts

Posted November 11 2007 - 10:39 AM

It has dual 6" ports.

On another note, after numerous tries at placement and position within the undescribably ugly sonics of my room, I achieved the flatest response with the sub upside down (driver on bottom, ports on top) in the back right corner of the area. I guess you could call it a workout wrestling a 200 lb sub rightside up, sideways, upside down, front facing and rear facing at 5 prospective resting places. Whew !!!

#8 of 8 Raymond lee Leggs

Raymond lee Leggs

Stunt Coordinator

• 165 posts

Posted November 13 2007 - 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry_B_B
Congrats! It's all about what pleases you. How big are those ports??? Posted Image

I'm not worried about the size of the ports, But what what the output would be like! Posted Image

Or worse what could fit into the Ports!Posted Image