Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

$1,000 bucks to spend on on-wall speakers

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   William_Gravem

William_Gravem

Stunt Coordinator

• 113 posts

Posted October 19 2007 - 08:44 AM

I haven't posted in awhile, but could use some advice. Right now I've got 5.1 and need to replace my cc and mains. They currently are Axiom M22 bookshelf speakers and cc, wall mounted with a bracket. Frankly, they hang too far off the wall for my wife’s liking. Actually, she sort of hates what I've got set up - keeps hitting her head on the front right speaker because it may be a little too close to the entrance to our foyer. I'm running this through a Yamaha 2600 and I have an SVS PB12+. I’ve been a little out of touch with what’s out there these days. I see that Axiom now makes some speakers that could be mounted to hang flush on the wall, but where's the fun in that? If I had about $1,000 to get 3 front speakers that could be wall mounted, what are some options? Does Paradigm still make those on wall monitors? Thanks for your time – this forum has always been great! ---Bill

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   JeremyErwin

JeremyErwin

Producer

• 3,219 posts

Posted October 19 2007 - 11:22 AM

Magnepan MMGW? Might need a seperate power amp though.

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   William_Gravem

William_Gravem

Stunt Coordinator

• 113 posts

Posted October 22 2007 - 03:01 AM

Thanks Jeremy, I'll look into that. Does anyone else have any recommendations for on wall speakers?

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   aht3

aht3

Stunt Coordinator

• 179 posts

Posted October 23 2007 - 10:59 PM

I would recommend the JBL L830 for mains and the LC2 for a center. This will actually get you some quality great sounding speakers for less than you are willing to pay. They are both only 5" deep and can be had on eBay or Amazon for a fraction of what they used to cost. Hope this helps.
Pioneer VSX 94THX
JBL Studio L890s Up Front
JBL Studio LC2 at Center
JBL Studio L820s Surrounds
JBL Studio L820s RearsHSU VTF2-MK3 SubSony 46" XBR3 LCD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users