What's new

*** Official LIONS FOR LAMBS Review Thread (1 Viewer)

Marque D

Stunt Coordinator
I saw the trailer for this movie at the end of the summer and assumed it would be fairly polarizing. This past evening at which may or may not be ironic; Southern Methodist University had a preview screen with a Q&A with Michael Pena. After seeing the movie you can drink either glass of kool-aid because both the left and the rights' cups are sitting there, full and somewhat even. Or you can acknowledge that that the War is complicated. That's not to say that we all don't already know this but at the same time it's not as simple as bring the troops home now or stay till the job is finished. Where one stood prior to us getting into this situation is separate from now that the reality is that we are there, no matter where you stand what can we do to resolve it. Maybe I was overreaching with all that banter but I wasn't giving a review it was just commentary about what questions I asked myself after watching the movie.

A couple side notes, I'm a Cruise fan but I wish he would change his voice or add an accent. I don't know if what I am saying makes any sense but on his most serious roles his tone or delivery seems too consistent or maybe it's close to the way he is outside of acting. I almost mean if Tom Cruise was never an actor but a U.S. Senator he would be what he is in this movie. Maybe it depends on the role because I would say this about Cruise in Collateral. I just kept saying "that's Tom Cruise." Also, the transition between the 3 primary storylines while connected seemed abrupt.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This thread is now the Official Review Thread for "Lions for Lambs". Please post all HTF member reviews in this thread.

Any other comments, links to other reviews, or discussion items will be deleted from this thread without warning!

If you need to discuss those type of issues then I have designated an Official Discussion Thread.

Crawdaddy

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks