What's new

Where to Buy Yamaha RX-V1800 (1 Viewer)

Dan Burch

Agent
After many hours, I finally made my choice on a receiver RX-V1800. Thanks to all the reviews and info I found here. I didn't even have to post any questions until now...I've been searching for the best price.
Digitalcraze $949 $0 shipping = $949
Clickfordigital $867 $40 shipping = $907
Audiophile liquidator $936 $37 ship =$973

I found one site stating the RX-V1800 has been replaced with the RX-V2700.
Tried to compare the two but didn't see the difference. About $50 to $100 in price (nexttag). Then I couldn't find that site again. Anyone know?

What do I need to look out for when buying from places like these, I'm not familiar with any of them. Are there different versions for different countries I have to watch out for?
Anyone with better ideas on where to buy?
Thanks again for the help,

Dan

Brent_S

Second Unit
Yamaha has a list of authorized local and online retailers on their website. If you buy from a non-authorized outlet, you could be at the mercy of the retailer's support (lack of) if you have a problem with the unit. It's your money, you have to decide if the risk is worth the reward. Personally, the $200ish savings you're looking at between tier 1 vendors such as OneCall/Crutchfield/Amazon and your best price quotes would not be worth it to me. I bet you could even get a local vendor to match those tier 1 prices, which is a win for your local economy as well.

Yamaha's web site will let you do a side by side comparison of various models. Currently the x700 and x800 series are listed together. As was already stated, the 2700 is an outgoing model. Technically, the 1800 replaces the 1700, Doesn't look like there's going to be a 2800, instead a 3800 was added to create a broader step between models as the 1800 appears more feature rich than the 2700 for a considerably lower MSRP.

I'd also compare your personal requirements to each model's feature set. Sonically, the 661 is likely indistinguishable from the higher end units. They just add more features like extra HDMI inputs, HDMI 1.3 vs. 1.2a, etc. Even the power advantage is likely irrelevant...you need to double the power to see a 3db increase in SPL from a given speaker.

-Brent

AndrewW

Stunt Coordinator
I pm'd ya, but I paid a bit more to get one on the West Coast. I didn't want that thing traveling all the way to Utah from NYC.

Dan Burch

Agent
Brent,
I do have a habit of over buying, partly becuse I hate having problems and I tend to hang to things for a long time. I don't mind spending a little more if there is something to gain. I do like the cleaner look of the 1800, with out all the buttons and front inputs showing. Maybe not the best reason to buy something. When I bought my Panny I got BB to come down to TVAthority's price. I'll try with some retailers.
thanks for the advice, On to speakers and DVD
Dan
Thanks Raul and Andrew also.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks