What's new

New Denon 4308 ordered! (1 Viewer)

Chris Maynard

Supporting Actor
This will be my first new receiver in about 7 years! :eek:

My Denon 5800 served me well but with the new HD audio formats out it was time to upgrade. My good buddy Robert George hooked me up and I should have the 4308 within a couple of weeks.

Thanks to the suggestions I received in other threads and to Crawdaddy for the recommendation.

Now the wait begins...:frowning:

Mark Paquette

Supporting Actor
Chris,

Please post your impressions of your new Denon once you've had some time with it. I'm thinking of picking one of these up to use as a pre/pro.

Chris Maynard

Supporting Actor
Gregory - Thanks! I am pretty damn excited.

Mark - I will do my best possible write up, the good, the bad, and let's not hope the ugly.

Chris Maynard

Supporting Actor

No, not yet. Still waiting for it to arrive at the dealer and then I have about 5 days after that until I receive it. I ordered it from Florida. I was told to expect it to ship to me sometime this week.

Sanjay Gupta

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Sanjay Gupta
@Chris
I have a 5803 and would be very interested in knowing how the 4308 stands upto your 5800, specially in terms of the power amp. Although, considering that the 5803 was quite a big jump over the 5800 in the power amp section, I am not sure how much relevance from your comparison I could afford to my situation were I to consider replacing the 5803 with the 4308. In any case, I shall be looking forward to your feedback.

Thanks.

Real Name
Adam
Congrats buddy. I am looking forward to hearing some reviews on it. Might be able to steer me that way haha

JMoore

Auditioning
Real Name
James Moore
I have had this receiver now for 3 weeks and love it.
Please note however that you will need a Blue Ray or HD DVD player that can send Dolby True HD and DTS HD Master through Bitstream in order for the receiver to decode it.
Otherwise you will have to hook up the 5.1 jacks on the back of the player to enjoy. You are going to love this receiver.
My HDMI inputs are, Xbox Elite with HD DVD, Playstation 3, Apple TV and Direct Tv DVR. The switching is flawless.
Great Receiver.
htf_images_smilies_rock.gif

Mark Paquette

Supporting Actor
Now that it's been a few weeks, how are the new Denon owners feeling about their purchase? Still on the fence about buying a 4308.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.