What's new

The Fly (1986) remake is on bluray and loaded with extras! (1 Viewer)

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
I got the bluray edition of the fly remake. its loaded with the extras from the 2 disc set from a couple of years ago. the picture is just beautiful. I know that many fans love their extras. I wanted to let them know.

Jacob

Bleddyn Williams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bleddyn Williams
Nice to hear about the picture. Do you know if ALL the extras from the 2-disc DVD made it to blu-ray?

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
the only thing missing that I noticed was the easter egg related stuff and the 1986 trailers for aliens and big trouble in little china.. they might be there, but have no idea where. the trailers, documentaries, featurettes, writing scripts seem to be there from the 2 disc set are there, but the triva and the java fly game which are new to the bluray edition.

Jacob

Don May Jr

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone know where to pick this up? I went to AMAZON.COM and it has nothing listed for it... Best Buy & Circuit City here locally aren't carrying it. No luck on DEEPDISCOUNTDVD.COM either.

What's up with this?

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
I had to get mine at a B&M. You might try Fry's if there's one around where you live, that's where I found mine at. $27.99

Greg K

Second Unit
Is the trivia track any good? Cuz that seems to be the only new extra that sounds juicy.

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
its alright.. I remember the fox movie channel doing one for the remake of the fly.. but this one is a bit differnt.. its a square space with text and look of the green background from the main title.

Jacob

Mike_Richardson

Supporting Actor
Watching this -- easily one of the best BD discs for content -- makes you beyond irritated Fox couldn't have done the same with so many of their other BD releases...like ROBOCOP, which has nothing on it at all!

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
I'm not sure that Fox has any input with the details of any MGM product other than being their distributor.

Fox seems to be changing for the better when it comes to extras but it looks like MGM may continue to cause a lot of heartburn which makes me a bit nervous about possible future releases.

Douglas Monce

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Douglas Monce
How many people have actually been able to find this movie? Amazon doesn't even have a listing for it. DVDEmpire lists it but says its back ordered. I checked 3 or 4 on line stores and no one has it. Whats up with this title?

Doug

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
I also had problems looking for this title too. I got lucky when I called frys afternoon of october 9th.. they finally got their copies in. I could not find edward scissorhands, robocop, or from hell at the store.

Jacob

JeremySt

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeremy

it is now listed on amazon and deep discount, and strangely.... cheaper on amazon.

captainjoe

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Sam
My Best Buy got copies of this and Robocop in this Tuesday and I picked both up. The Fly looks great as stated earlier but not as good as Edward Scissorhands. Yes, all the extras are there!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks